2002 WR 426 JETTING

4 replies to this topic
  • SANMAN222

Posted August 19, 2004 - 07:53 AM

I'M GOING TO RE-JET MY BIKE AND NEED SOME INFO. MY BIKE BOGS OUT HARD FROM 0 TO 3/4 THROTTLE. I RIDE WOODS AND ALWAYS ROLLED ON THE THROTTLE A LITTLE IN THE PAST. NOW I'M STARTING TO RACE TRACK AND NEED THIS FOR THE GATE STARTS. MY PILOT IS GOOD AND I HAVE A KUBA "T" HANDLE TO ADJUST THE AIR. I CAN'T FIND A GOOD POST WITH THE JETTING INFO. SO, COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP OR POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.
THANKS!
PILOT 48
MAIN 160

• SANMAN222

Posted August 19, 2004 - 09:10 AM

WITH THE KUBA T HANDLE I CAN ADJUST THE AIR SCREW ALL IN (BIKE DIES), AND ALL OUT (BKIE DIES). THAT TELLS ME THAT THE PILOT IS CORRECT? MY MAIN IS A 172 ON THE THIRD CLICK. I SHOULD GO TO THE FOURTH CLIP, AND THEN PROCEDD TO A 175 THIRD CLIP IF THAT DOSN'T WORK? IS THIS THE CORRECT STEPS THAT I NEED TO TAKE TO GET RID OF THE O TO 3/4 COUGH?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • captain_S

Posted August 19, 2004 - 12:13 PM

It could be many things!,post it on the jetting forum,and do a search there too,you will find a lot of info there :thumbsup:

• jbrooks26

Posted August 19, 2004 - 02:41 PM

Also, you are not really giving much information that will help. Your original post says that you are using different jets than your final post, have you changed them? Do you have any modifications? What altitude are you riding at? What is the temperature and humidity where you are riding? It also sounds like you are using an adjustable main jet, is this the case? As for the fuel screw, you need to run the bike at a high idle and adjust the fuel screw for the point where you reach the highest RPM while turning the screw out. If your final setting is less than 1/2 turn then you need to lean out your pilot jet 1 size and start over. If your final setting is more than 2 1/2 turns out then you need to richen up your pilot jet one size. I agree though, you need to post on the jetting forum to get more help. And provide as much information as you can. Hope this helps,

Josh

• SANMAN222

Posted August 20, 2004 - 06:42 PM

THANKS FOR THE INFO!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.