BRP vs. KTM300 comparison

4 replies to this topic
  • SaltyWalrus

Posted August 19, 2004 - 07:02 AM

I rode an 01KTM300EXC for the first time since racing one in the mid 1990's. All I am saying is, after the BRP, it felt like I was on a KDX200. I used to think the 300 had lots of low end grunt. What was I thinking? I am not saying it isn't a better bike for nasty conditions. I am saying the BRP's power is addictive and fun. On the 300, you actually have to shift. I didn't realize how spoiled I have become just leaving it in 2nd or 3rd gear and torquing thru everything. My only complaint with the 650r is in 1st gear muddy, rocky, rooty stuff. Once she starts doing what she wants to do, it's hard to convince her otherwise.

• big t

Posted August 19, 2004 - 08:19 AM

I just let it do what it wants and hang on.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stonewall

Posted August 19, 2004 - 08:25 AM

My thoughts exactly. :thumbsup: Anyone wanna buy a near perfect '00 KTM 250EXC with enough spare parts to get you through a couple of racing seasons?

• BrianVT

Posted August 19, 2004 - 01:13 PM

Yah, I rode a WR250 for a bit. All the power I need. Way lighter than the Pig. Awesome machine. But I still prefer the Pig for the same reasons you mentioned, plus I can do 50 m.p.h. road sections without taching at 11k in 5th.

• smashinz2002

Posted August 19, 2004 - 07:39 PM

Yeah, I hear ya man. The only 2-stroke bike I know of that feels as torquey as the BRP is my KX500.
L.L.
'00 XR650R/uncorked/jetted
'04 KX500/jetted/fmf gnarly pipe

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.