best chain for the buck

29 replies to this topic
  • Ga426owner

Posted August 20, 2004 - 11:31 AM

I was waiting for the sprockets.....never put a new chain on used sprockets. All must be replaced at same time. I use DID ERT for MX. DID ERT and Ironman Sprockets will last very very long time.
Sprockets have a 1year guarantee :thumbsup:

• yzf_rider400

Posted August 20, 2004 - 01:26 PM

yeah, I'm getting new front and rear talon steel sprockets. Can't wait to get this new stuff on my bike! :thumbsup:

• sirthumpalot

Posted August 20, 2004 - 05:21 PM

Good advice, thanks. I'm going to go with the DID VM; if I find I don't like it I'll try a non o-ring next time. Anything has got to be better than the stretched out piece of S*#T I'm using now (along with some totally chewed sprockets). :devil:

One more newbie chain question. Is there any other way beyond a chain breaker to cleanly remove a link from one of these chains? Probably not but I thought I'd ask.

Use a bench grinder or dremmel. Pick the link that you want to cut, and grind the pins flat with the side plate, then grind them a little more. The side plate should pop right off and the chain will fall apart. You will never pick up a chain tool again after you cut the chain using a grinder. :thumbsup:

• Satch0922

Posted August 20, 2004 - 06:19 PM

Pic of my Regina O-Ring chain...this thing is HEAVY DUTY! LOL
Posted Image

• moto2000

Posted August 20, 2004 - 07:50 PM

You ride that thing or just take pictures of it? :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Satch0922

Posted August 21, 2004 - 03:42 AM

You ride that thing or just take pictures of it? :awww:

Both! :lol: EVERY WEEKEND BABY!! :thumbsup: OH SHOOT! Look how dirty that rim is....that is unacceptable! LOL
Posted Image :devil:

• aford541

Posted August 21, 2004 - 09:00 AM

DID 520 MX hands down

• TOO_MUCH_FUN

Posted August 21, 2004 - 09:12 AM

The best chain I ever purchased was an RK. I never adjusted the thing in at least 4 years and when I sold the bike was still in great shape. I think I paid $60.00 for it.

• SFO

Posted August 21, 2004 - 11:07 AM

Best cheap chain is the tucker rocky motomaster o ring.
It is 45$ retail and is repackaged ek.
1400 miles of baja and never needed to be adjusted.
Team Yamaha does not run plated (ie chrome or copper) chains due to the fact that the plating process makes the chain less durable.

• PumpkinHumper

Posted August 22, 2004 - 09:40 AM

I have used RK 520 o-ring chains for years. They have served me very well.

Ok scratch that.. I just snapped my 520RK o-ring chain yesterday landing off a double at the track. oops.

Hmmm now what chain should I be buying again ?? :thumbsup: :devil:

Seriousely though I have had very good luck with RK chains. this is hte 1st chain I have ever broke.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.