How long should you keep a Bike

21 replies to this topic
  • TOO_MUCH_FUN

Posted August 21, 2004 - 09:02 AM

My last total dirt bike was a 89 Honda cr250 which I bought used. I bought it for $1200.00 in 93 but it needed a clutch. I rode the crap out of this bike hardly ever washed it no real maintenance . I think I changed the oil in the bike 3 times and twice was because I smashed the clutch cover and had to replace it. Well I just got rid of it about 3 months ago with a frame that was busted from boulder abuse under the motor. The bike also had a pro-circiut pipe which I had some custom bends and dents from previous wipe outs that had ripped the pipe clean off the head. I was lucky there was a post for barb wire fencing laying near by as I had to stick it in the pipe to bend the pipe so it would fit back on the bike. I continued to ride it for 5 years with the same bends in it. I just got rid of the bike in June of 2004 and I got $1000.00 for it. It still ran like a rapped ape....but it was time after having the bike for 11 years with hard riding on it. I hope my 2001 WR426 will be just a reliable.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • simch

Posted August 22, 2004 - 04:14 PM

yeah those CR 250s are some pretty robust beasts!! When I rebuilt mine it had 3/4 pint of muddy water in the crankcase, and it was still running like a train!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.