2 replies to this topic
  • Eric_F

Posted August 18, 2004 - 01:52 PM

I have a 2002 wr426 that is completely stock performance wise. I was wondering if the jetting need be changed if I take the exhaust baffle out for a tad more power.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jchantzWR400F

Posted August 18, 2004 - 02:00 PM

I would say yes. You can check the jetting forum on this. It has been covered in great detail. Your bike was jetted lean from the factory (assuming it hasn't been touched) Removing the baffle will create an even leaner condition.

• jbrooks26

Posted August 18, 2004 - 02:55 PM

I would definately check with te Jetting forum because I have always heard it the other way around. Yamaha didn't intend for the buyer to ride the WR all choked up like that so they jetted them rich so that you wouldn't have to mess too much with jetting after unplugging it. Definately check with Jetting, and maybe even request a response from James Dean. Just my 2c.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.