Need to find the loudest PIPE!

151 replies to this topic
  • Ga426owner

Posted August 31, 2004 - 12:07 PM

Dude, Meet me at Red's tap and let's throw down a frosty.
:awww: :devil: :lol: :thumbsup:

It is funny that 707 who started this thread - never came back - but it kept on going on...

I'll meet you for a frosty, where the hell is that place - sounds far from Georgia! :D :lol: :D

• JohnnyOfast

Posted August 31, 2004 - 04:50 PM

Dude, Meet me at Red's tap and let's throw down a frosty.
:awww: :lol: :D :thumbsup:

It is funny that 707 who started this thread - never came back - but it kept on going on...

I'll meet you for a frosty, where the hell is that place - sounds far from Georgia! :awww: :lol: :lol:

Red's is located in the far northern Skaskatchuen Province of Canada. ,,,,,,,,

There are no phones and it is only accesible from a float-plane. :lol: :D :D :snore: :devil:

• logansowner

Posted September 05, 2004 - 11:43 AM

/quad she saw down there complaining that they were loud and were making dust fly at her house and it was diturbing her

With your own words you prove my point. Thank you.

Actually I don't see how you came up with that one. One of my favourit riding areas was closed because some [@#$%&*!] was complaining about NOISE. Noise, the thing you seem to like, is what caused my area to be closed off. So how exactly did I prove your point?

And purposly looking for the loudest possible pipe you can find, regardless of performance increase, is completely stupid. It's idiots like that that are costing every intelligent rider there places to ride. Thank you. :thumbsup:

• endurodog

Posted September 05, 2004 - 01:25 PM

Noise, the thing you seem to like

You just don't get it, or don't read. I never said I like noise, in fact I run a FMF Q on my 4 stroke.

Actually I don't see how you came up with that one. One of my favourit riding areas was closed because some [@#$%&*!] was complaining about NOISE.

First off your orginal post cites dust blowing and noise as the reason your area was closed, thats how I came up with that one and you prove it with your own post.

2nd you have no proof thats why they closed the area. I keep getting given these examples and then when they are researched something else is the reason and I'm not gonna research it anymore.

And purposly looking for the loudest possible pipe you can find, regardless of performance increase, is completely stupid. It's idiots like that that are costing every intelligent rider there places to ride

I don't agree with looking for the loudest pipe. But it's not loud pipes that are costing us riding areas, it's endangered species acts, errosion, liablity issues. Get it? Or can you PROVE otherwise, there seems to be plenty of proof of the issues I raise and I can give it.

Thank you.

• John_Lorenz

Posted September 05, 2004 - 02:20 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

• endurodog

Posted September 05, 2004 - 03:18 PM

Yep John you hit it on the head, it's like pounding my head against the wall to get people to look at the facts *sighhhhhhh*

If it wasn't so important to our sport I would just laugh and let it go.

• John_Lorenz

Posted September 05, 2004 - 06:45 PM

Edog
Its not just you its this whole damn thread. It proves beyond a shadow of a doubt how divided we are and how entrenched we are in our views. Its like the dang religious posts and everyones points.

Its not just sound you know it I know it BRC knows it, the Greens knows it more then we do

ITS FREAKING EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING, Sound is used, Erosion is used, the two fanged numb nut ball buster lizard is another

For Crap sake this argument is stupid as he$$. W are loosing ground because we SIT N OUR :thumbsup: and argue over crap like this

• endurodog

Posted September 05, 2004 - 08:30 PM

For Crap sake this argument is stupid as he$$

Absolutly couldn't agree more. Whats so stupid is the evidence is out there about the real threats we are facing because it IS CLOSING areas. But people want to argue about these damn side issues that ARE NOT CLOSING areas. Thats why I feel like beating my head against the wall. There are still those reading this thread that think sound is the biggest threat we face when 99% of the land we have lost is due to other reasons.

But if they continue to believe that then they will fight that fight instead of the real issues.

The BRC has changed there tune to an extent. I don't see them saying sound is the #1 issue like they use to. Heck a look at their own web page can tell them what the real issues are.

W are loosing ground because we SIT N OUR and argue over crap like this

You say "we". Thats a broad brush. I know your involved and I'm involved. If we can get more people involved and educated about the real threats we face we would be stronger.

How many people have read this thread now and realize there is some problem that might not have known if we didn't discuss it???? Got to look at the "global picture" no matter what side you agree with these discussions are healthy for our cause because they involve people.

• logansowner

Posted September 05, 2004 - 08:57 PM

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You just don't get it, or don't read. I never said I like noise, in fact I run a FMF Q on my 4 stroke.

[/QUOTE] Didn't you just get through arguing that there was nothing wrong with looking for the loudest possible pipe? (which is what the topic states in the very first post, looking for the loudest pipe)

[QUOTE]

First off your orginal post cites dust blowing and noise as the reason your area was closed, thats how I came up with that one and you prove it with your own post.

[/QUOTE]Yes, dust and noise, so noise wasn't the whole problem, but it was half of it, so hence noise is costing us riding areas.

[QUOTE]
2nd you have no proof thats why they closed the area. I keep getting given these examples and then when they are researched something else is the reason and I'm not gonna research it anymore.

[/QUOTE]Ugh, who said I had no proof? I can't prove it to you, but I was shown the police report by the owner of the land, along with many other riders, and right on the police report she is quoted as saying "I can't stand having these motorbikes (thats what she called them, motorbikes, not motorcycles or dirtbikes, motorbikes :thumbsup:)riding so close to my house, they are stiring up dust which is covering my windows (yea right, she lived 200 feet from the closest point of the pit to her house)and the noise is giving me headaches"

Tose are her exact words (well, thats what I remember from it, maybe not the exact wording) so obviously she was pissed about the noise.

[QUOTE]
I don't agree with looking for the loudest pipe. But it's not loud pipes that are costing us riding areas, it's endangered species acts, errosion, liablity issues. Get it? Or can you PROVE otherwise, there seems to be plenty of proof of the issues I raise and I can give it.

Thank you.

[/QUOTE]No, I fully understand that there are many factors which close riding areas, but why ad more problems then we already have? I know you didn't say it, but whoever started this topic specificly requested the loudest pipe there was, not the best performance pipe, the loudest, now the only thing I can see coming out of that is some other old lady complaining about it.

• endurodog

Posted September 06, 2004 - 05:32 AM

Didn't you just get through arguing that there was nothing wrong with looking for the loudest possible pipe? (which is what the topic states in the very first post, looking for the loudest pipe)

Logan I'm boil down a lot of what you said. I entered this thread when someone said that a loud pipe closes areas. I said bull and asked for proof. Someone provided proof of 1 track in California (there were all ready restrictive noise standards at that track and it still got closed). 1 track in all of the US.

I have researched many areas people say were closed because of noise and always finds some other reason for the closure. What the case is in your paticular case I don't know but you can't provide proof. People are qouted in police reports as saying they see things or hear things all the time. If no law is broke it doesn' mean anything. What are the reasons the area really got closed, the facts. Someone said that one of my local tracks, Watkins in Colorado is threatened by noise. Pure BS, I have been to the county meetings on that track and am there at least once a week and noise isn't the issue in the slightest.

If somoeone wants a loud pipe and it's acceptable in his riding area whats the deal with people blasting him??

In a bigger picture noise is an issue in many areas, it's just not nice to have a loud pipe in some areas, but that is a long ways from closing areas. Lets do what we can to be quite but lets fight the real reasons areas are getting closed :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • APLMAN99

Posted September 06, 2004 - 08:36 AM

it clearly states that the number one reason is noise

It states that in this article that is one of the decisions on weather to allow a permit. It says nothing of closure. The article you cite plain and simple is about applying for a permit.

Key reason translates to number one reason for most rational people. I'm not sure why this isn't the case for you. This area is well chronicled on the net, so google it if you don't believe my version of the story.

Is it possible to meet the noise ordinance??

Irrelevant argument. Right now sound is the main reason for closure. We are the ones arguing that we need to cut sound from our bikes to prevent this.

is now allowed to ride on this former riding area.

Please show me the part of the article that states this, I can't find that anywhere.

You can google it, there's plenty of keywords in the text. The riding area has been in use for many years. After applying for a club permit, all riding has been shut down there, including the owner of the land and his family.

ED you seem to want to believe that if there is more than one reason for land closure, and one of those reasons is noise, the existence of another reason cancels out the noise reason. This is patently false. In fact, the one thing that I have learned is that noise is listed more often than not as part of the reasoning for land closures. It's probably listed more than any other single reason. Why you want to ignore this is odd, but you are certainly persistent in your silly arguments.

Noise level reduction is an important issue, and saying that in no way minimizes any of the other problems we face. Believe it or not, we are going to have to face more than one problem at a time in the battle.

• endurodog

Posted September 06, 2004 - 11:55 AM

You can google it, there's plenty of keywords in the text

I'm not googling anything. provide proof. The reason you don't is because you can't

I have learned is that noise is listed more often than not as part of the reasoning for land closures.

Talk about being absolutly wrong. Here is some closures that have closed millions of acres of land with noise not being involved.

Southern Cali Desert Reason - Tortise
Glamis Dunes - Vetch Milk weed.
San Rafel Swell in Utah- Wilderness Study area.
Pike National Forest in Colorado- Erosion due to off road use after fires.
Lubbock Trail Riders TX- Lost lease, liability.
Roadless rules- Millions of acres under threat.

The first 5 are actual closures not sound related. Millions of acres there. not sound related.

Dont tell me sound is closing areas or the #1 concern, Talk about silly arguments.

Do realize that sound is not even talked about in the Serria Clubs opposition to off road travel. It's errosion.

Noise level reduction is an important issue

Yep and I have stated that also. But lets look at it realisticly. Is it really closing areas? What are we accomplishing by being quite? (didn't help much with the Pomona track did it).

• APLMAN99

Posted September 06, 2004 - 12:31 PM

You can google it, there's plenty of keywords in the text

I'm not googling anything. provide proof. The reason you don't is because you can't

I've provided at least as much documentation as you have. Now if you aren't interested in learning truths, then your attitude makes sense.

I have learned is that noise is listed more often than not as part of the reasoning for land closures.

Talk about being absolutly wrong. Here is some closures that have closed millions of acres of land with noise not being involved.

Southern Cali Desert Reason - Tortise
Glamis Dunes - Vetch Milk weed.
San Rafel Swell in Utah- Wilderness Study area.
Pike National Forest in Colorado- Erosion due to off road use after fires.
Boondockers motorcycle Club TX- Lost lease, liability.
Roadless rules- Millions of acres under threat.

The first 5 are actual closures not sound related. Millions of acres there. not sound related.

Wow, those 5 citations seal your case!

Do realize that sound is not even talked about in the Serria Clubs opposition to off road travel. It's errosion.

Well, since you haven't posted anything detailing their opposition, we'll have to use your own method and assume that it's because you can't. My own trip to the Sierra Club site shows that sound IS mentioned.

Noise level reduction is an important issue

Yep and I have stated that also. But lets look at it realisticly. Is it really closing areas? What are we accomplishing by being quite? (didn't help much with the Pomona track did it).

You keep going back and forth here trying to play both sides. When someone (not me) says you are favoring louder exhaust, you say you aren't. Yet you seem to imply that quieting bikes has no impact at all, which makes me want to ask you what you think might happen to riding areas if bikes were as loud as, say, 120 dB. Do you believe that that would change our riding area choices at all? Well, since you haven't posted anything detailing their opposition, we'll have to use your own method and assume that it's because you can't. My own trip to the Sierra Club site shows that sound IS mentioned.

• endurodog

Posted September 06, 2004 - 12:59 PM

You keep going back and forth here trying to play both sides.

Haaa, playing both sides?? A correct statement would be you don't understand where I'm coming from. Let me try to explain, again.

Noise is an issue for us. (Do I need to expain that further?)

Even though it's an issue, it's still not closing areas, it's a small part of the big picture. (do I need to explain that further?)

Some areas high DB pipes are acceptable and someone on here saying that it's closing areas and blasting someone because of it is just rude and argonant. (do I need to explain that further?).

I ride a quite bike because I enjoy it more, and it's the law. But I also understand what I'm accomplishing by riding the bike quite. I'm not saving any areas, people are still gonna be pissed I'm there and if I was a little higher or lower in the DB's they would still be pissed. (Do I need to explain that further?)

No we would not change our riding areas if our bikes were 120, the same people would still be pissed. In the same vain do you think we would change our riding areas if the DB was 101 or 90????

My own trip to the Sierra Club site shows that sound IS mentioned.

Well here is there offical policy statement, they do mention enviromental damage.

Sierra Club Conservation Policies

Off-Road Use of Motorized Vehicles

Use in officially designated wilderness: The Sierra Club reaffirms its support for the Wilderness Act's prohibition of "mechanized modes of transport," including non-motorized vehicles, from entry into designated wilderness.

Use of vehicles on other public lands:

Trails and areas on public lands should be closed to all vehicles unless it is determined to be appropriate for their use through completion of an analysis, review, and implementation process, and officially posted with signs as being open.

The process must include application of objective criteria to assess whether or not environmental quality can be effectively maintained, and whether the safety and enjoyment of all users can be protected; a public review and comment procedure involving all interested parties; and promulgation of effective implementing regulations where impacts are sufficiently low that vehicle use is appropriate.

Trails and areas designated for vehicular use must be monitored periodically to detect environmental damage or user interference inconsistent with the above criteria. Where this occurs, the trail or area must be closed to vehicles unless effective corrective regulations are enforced.

Adopted by the Board of Directors, May 7, 1988 [replaced policy adopted in February 1972, as modified in May 1985 and March 1986]

• motobark

Posted September 06, 2004 - 01:54 PM

Anyone that’s taken the time to read this whole thread has to come to one blatantly obvious conclusion…

Somebody that posts 44 times in one thread has got some serious issues, and I don’t think it has anything to do with sound.

• endurodog

Posted September 06, 2004 - 02:07 PM

Alpman you want me to take your word for it that your area is being closed and refuse to give proof of closure. Here is proof of closer info, in the truest sense I have "put up", now your turn!!!

Glamis Sand Dune area closure web page

San Rafeal Swell web page

Jamacia VT. closure web page

Red Fox VT dual sport ride blocked web page

Black Sands Beach, CA web page

Panamint Dry Lake, CA web page

Fruita Colorado Closure info web page

Sierra trail closure you have to read thsi one web page

This is a partial list when I do searches more pop up. These are actual closures not related to sound. Some of the biggest battles we are fighting now are involving issues not sound related. Clinton roadless rules, enviromental impact issues, liability issues. I can provide those if you like, those are much easier than actual closures.

• endurodog

Posted September 06, 2004 - 02:09 PM

Anyone that’s taken the time to read this whole thread has to come to one blatantly obvious conclusion…

Somebody that posts 44 times in one thread has got some serious issues, and I don’t think it has anything to do with sound.

yep I got some serious issues, with saving our lands for riding. Wish more felt the same that they would put even a portion of this effort into the cause of educating the masses.

As far as your worrying about someone having issues. How bout someone that counts post????? :thumbsup:

• jamieyz426f01

Posted March 13, 2005 - 10:34 AM

cutting your stocker down will increase volume and give you enhanced bottom end.

• RADRick

Posted March 13, 2005 - 02:26 PM

WRONG!!!

What kind of proof do you need? Do you think it makes front page news when a small private track/riding area gets closed due to neighbors crying about hearing the noise from MILES away?

You can run whatever pipe you like, but to say that noise isn't a big issue is just plain incorrect.

Mr. McKinney (Endurodog) has made it his life's work to go around the internet insisting that noise is not a problem, despite any evidence to the contrary. The fact that he's a cop makes his position absurd and many of us simply ignore him. He seems to be an OK guy otherwise, but his insistence on ignoring noise as a component of land closures just doesn't make much sense.

• NAFLASH

Posted March 13, 2005 - 02:46 PM

stop posting on this dam thread, its old

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.