Need to find the loudest PIPE!

151 replies to this topic
  • endurodog

Posted August 25, 2004 - 03:41 AM

Can anyone honestly say that noise has nothing to do with the complaints

No one has said this.

or a very fast typer

I am a pretty fast typer, although I apell poorly. Not so much time as passionate about our sport, sure wish more people were we would have less problems like noise.

Perhaps you can give me a tip on how to stop my 450 from popping on decel

Sounds like a jetting issue to me.

Can research this for me???

Yes I can, the fee is $45 an hour. :thumbsup:

• Ga426owner

Posted August 25, 2004 - 11:27 AM

Is this debate for real? Can anyone honestly say that noise has nothing to do with the complaints riders are facing?? Maybe it's just that I live here in SoCAl the mecca(sp?) of motoX and people are more sensitive. I can tell you that noise is the biggest issue out here, this is not a debate, it's fact! Maybe in some of the more rural areas, it doesn't matter, that's cool. Here in populated areas to say that anything over 96db or anything close doesn't bother some of the uppity,no-life , non riders here in SoCal is as stupid as trying to make your bike sound like a jet plane. I wish I didn't have to drive an hour away every weekend just to go ride! Now more of our local tracks are getting noise complaints, soon there won't be anywhere to ride. Awesome huh??? :thumbsup:

Nope pretty bad & sad....I would move elsewhere....Why don't Harleys catch hell there?

• Yamadog68

Posted August 25, 2004 - 06:18 PM

I knew ther would be a nominal fee for your assistance. Took it upon myself to use the search function on the decel problem. Could be two or three things! As for moving, no way! SoCal is where it's at(just not for riding freely). I might just be naive(sP?) but I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. I am not sure why the Harleys slide by, must be streetbike bias. It's only a matter of time before that get blackballed here too though, it's a noise thing! By the way, I don't agree with it. I just know it's an undeniable fact! :thumbsup:

• endurodog

Posted August 25, 2004 - 07:56 PM

it's a noise thing! By the way, I don't agree with it. I just know it's an undeniable fact!

Well it is deniable, just what you chose to believe. You will never convience me, I will never convience you.

To change directions on this debate a bit I would ask what has been accomplished with the lowering of the sound limit? Have complaints been lessened, has any areas been saved, any new areas opened (that were previously closed because of sound)?

• William

Posted August 25, 2004 - 11:39 PM

Don't you guys see whats happen hear edog is a greenie, he is trying to say noise is not one of the main issues, or it has not been a main factor in closeing riding areas, maybe 20% of the young blood will believe him and go out buy the loudest pipe and ride with it thinking I'am doing no wrong, man the greenies are very smart by planting a greenie in TT. :thumbsup:

• endurodog

Posted August 26, 2004 - 03:43 AM

Don't you guys see whats happen hear edog is a greenie

Damn I've been outted, haaaa.

• YAMAKAZE

Posted August 26, 2004 - 05:23 AM

OK.... I have a 10 inch [@#$%&*!] and my wife want's me to take these pills she bought off the internet...

Should I?????

Jeeeeze!

Bonzai :thumbsup:

• Ga426owner

Posted August 26, 2004 - 05:35 AM

Bonsai .... I had no idea you were such a John Holmes! :thumbsup:

• YAMAKAZE

Posted August 26, 2004 - 06:08 AM

:devil: Hey...hey! hey! Since when is the medical term for ones manhood cause for Edit!!!!! Thats not a cuss word or even one of the 7 words you cannot say (Well used to be)on TV....

So what about the word Erection? or Totem ? :thumbsup:

Man, Talk about a violation of free speech... :awww:

Bonzai :lol:

• beavis450

Posted August 26, 2004 - 01:44 PM

if people have motocycles that are running straight pipes why cant we have loud bikes ,i had a yz400f with a fmf ti4 that was 14inch and a powerbomb header it sounded good and the back fire from engine breaking was gone to it was pretty loud

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • APLMAN99

Posted August 30, 2004 - 08:21 PM

Here's one reference to a track who is obviously getting noise complaints and is worried about shutting down, and another that has shut down.

----------------------------------------------
From Club Moto in Livermore CA:

Loud bikes will be pulled from the track
Any bike with a louder than stock exhaust will not be allowed on the track due to rising noise concerns . Most Carbon Fiber and Titanium exhaust systems are too loud. Bring your stock muffler!

From Fairplex in Los Angeles:

Dear Riders,
We are sorry to report that we did not successfully make it through our three month trial period. For the neighbors that overlook the track, the noise from the motorcycles every night was unbearable . Please continue to check the website for future developments.
Thank you for your support,
Fairplex Motocross Management

• APLMAN99

Posted August 30, 2004 - 08:58 PM

From the Lancaster County (NE) minutes, February of this year, in response to a landowner wanting to continue riding on land that has been ridden on for years and he was trying to obtain a permit:

6 COUNTY SPECIAL PERMIT NO. 205, MOTOCROSS RECREATION
FACILITY AT 9600 KOLBROOK ROAD - Mike DeKalb, Planning
Department
Mike DeKalb, Planning Department, reviewed County Special Permit No. 205, a request from Dr. David Samani for authority to construct and operate a recreational facility for an off-road riding club on property at Southwest 84 th Street and Kolbrook Road (Exhibits E, F & G), noting a staff recommendation of conditional approval. He said attorneys for the applicant and neighbors in opposition have proposed additional conditions, with no consensus reached. The Planning Commission has recommended denial.
In response to a question from Schorr, DeKalb said the key issue is noise . Other issues
include runoff, air pollution, waste facilities, medical response time, roads, traffic and
hours of operation. DeKalb said the Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department has
taken noise readings and recommends that noise be restricted to 50 decibels (dB) at
the complaining property line, the lowest acceptable level in Lincoln Municipal Code
8.24 Noise Control Ordinance (Lancaster County does not have a noise ordinance).

• endurodog

Posted August 31, 2004 - 05:43 AM

1st this isn't a closure, since nothing has been opened.

2nd are they able to meet the noise restrictions easily or not?

3rd there are other considerations listed in the short article.

• APLMAN99

Posted August 31, 2004 - 06:47 AM

I am assuming you are only talking about the last one, not the other two, of which the second one is clearly a closure.

The third one was a closure. I didn't want to paste a whole book in here, but the story goes that the land in question was a riding area for many years before the new land owner purchased the land. For liability reasons he wanted to form a club to use the land. In the application process, the neighboring land owners fought the permit process, and while there are other reasons, it clearly states that the number one reason is noise. The end result of this noise complaint is that no one, not even the land owner, is now allowed to ride on this former riding area.

• JohnnyOfast

Posted August 31, 2004 - 06:54 AM

1st this isn't a closure, since nothing has been opened.

2nd are they able to meet the noise restrictions easily or not?

3rd there are other considerations listed in the short article.

I can't even believe your still on this thread, get some help, you need it. :thumbsup:

• endurodog

Posted August 31, 2004 - 07:27 AM

it clearly states that the number one reason is noise

It states that in this article that is one of the decisions on weather to allow a permit. It says nothing of closure. The article you cite plain and simple is about applying for a permit.

Is it possible to meet the noise ordinance?? Boundry sound is a tricky noise requirement. Has any testing been done on this to see what will pass and what won't? Hollister in California is under a "boundry sound restriction" Riding is still allowed.

is now allowed to ride on this former riding area.

Please show me the part of the article that states this, I can't find that anywhere.

• endurodog

Posted August 31, 2004 - 07:31 AM

I can't even believe your still on this thread, get some help, you need it

What is funny is that you continue to read when your obviously not interested. Is it an addiction? I think I know who needs the help.

What isn't funny is the fact that we loose millions of acres of land for a variety of reasons, roadless, wilderness, liability reasons, endangerspecies act, and people keep fighting the noise battle. Fight it hard, see how many areas are saved. Hopefully JohnnyOfast you will take the threats to our riding more seriously after you have sought help.

• JohnnyOfast

Posted August 31, 2004 - 07:55 AM

I can't even believe your still on this thread, get some help, you need it

What is funny is that you continue to read when your obviously not interested. Is it an addiction? I think I know who needs the help.

What isn't funny is the fact that we loose millions of acres of land for a variety of reasons, roadless, wilderness, liability reasons, endangerspecies act, and people keep fighting the noise battle. Fight it hard, see how many areas are saved. Hopefully JohnnyOfast you will take the threats to our riding more seriously after you have sought help.

Where do you draw the conclusion that I am obviously not interested. If that were the case I would not have checked back on the thread. Bad point.

I am not fighting any battle, I am involved in an argument and find it very amusing. I ride a YZF450 and it is very loud stock. No one is trying to take my riding areas away. There are none here to begin with. Another bad point.

I checked this thread today after not looking for several days. :thumbsup:

One good thing I see is you are concerned about a wide range of issue's aside from the noise. :devil:

You are not going to stop until you have the last word. :awww: :lol: :D :lol: :D :D :snore:

• endurodog

Posted August 31, 2004 - 08:28 AM

Where do you draw the conclusion that I am obviously not interested

By your comments slapping fun at myself, or anyone debating a issue that is important to our sport. It's not that hard of a reach.

I am involved in an argument and find it very amusing

While you find it amusing (see my first statement) I hope you also see the seriousness of this issue facing us.

I ride a YZF450 and it is very loud stock.

Well this is another part of the argument I won't go into but give you some points. Some love the sound and don't find it "very loud" some hate the sound of a moped. It gets to the bigger question I asked earlier in this thread. By being quite as possible, we are always gonna make noise, will we save anything?

You are not going to stop until you have the last word

Maybe I won't but until aplman posted his stuff I see 6 comments since my last post. :thumbsup:

• JohnnyOfast

Posted August 31, 2004 - 08:35 AM

Dude, Meet me at Red's tap and let's throw down a frosty.
:devil: :awww: :lol: :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.