Need to find the loudest PIPE!

151 replies to this topic

Posted August 18, 2004 - 11:29 AM

Can anyone tell me the LOUDEST pipe i can get for a 426f? Also the best Horsepower boosting Pipe.

• Ga426owner

Posted August 18, 2004 - 11:38 AM

Why do you need the loudest pipe? Just remove your silencer packing or run the head pipe only..... :thumbsup:

• Jeffro426

Posted August 18, 2004 - 11:42 AM

Chop it off at the header...viola...LOUD! :thumbsup:

• Big_D

Posted August 18, 2004 - 11:48 AM

I have a DSP Factory pipe that will make your ears bleed. It is what Doug Henry used in his YZ400 Days. :thumbsup: :devil: :awww:

If you are interested drop me a PM.

• revolucien

Posted August 18, 2004 - 11:49 AM

Or cut 3 to 5 inches off the stock pipe it'll be plenty loud and no cost.

• 426_Texan

Posted August 18, 2004 - 11:58 AM

M4

• Flattracker60

Posted August 18, 2004 - 12:29 PM

One word.....Jemco. My M4 is loud, but the Jemco is LOUD!! :thumbsup:

• mxrider14

Posted August 18, 2004 - 02:57 PM

Nononono.. you all have it wrong.. Get the Dr. D pipe, its quiet and sound sweet at idle, but can be very loud and aggresive at high RPM. Its not about the loudness, its how cool it sounds, and trust me, 700 bucks for Dr.D with the BEST sounding bike out there is well worth it :thumbsup:

• mxrider14

Posted August 18, 2004 - 02:58 PM

BTW for INSTANT loudness to show off to your buddies, simply and quickly drill some holes in the exhuast :thumbsup: its works. TRUST ME! :devil:

• Shane_Bettin

Posted August 18, 2004 - 05:01 PM

if you take the packing out, drill holes or anything like that it will be loud alright and sound like [@#$%&*!] [@#$%&*!]. all the packing was gone out of my stocker and the rivets stared coming out. i never knew how bad it sounded till i let a buddy ride it, holy [@#$%&*!] i was embaressed to even ride it. after that i barely even rode it till i got a new TA. thats definately a sweet pipe. kinda loud when you start it and everyone that heard it at the track compared the loudness to an airplane taking off. i don't let anyone ride my bike anymore so i don't really know what it sounds like from a spectators point of view but the replys are real good.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • FFRacing79

Posted August 18, 2004 - 05:12 PM

Easy...my LeoVince/Supertrapp combo.
116 decibles and more power everywhere than anything on the market.

• meterman

Posted August 18, 2004 - 08:27 PM

ti-4 fmf the short one 14" will pearce your ear with helmet on and runs great .sounds great but very loud

• Satch0922

Posted August 19, 2004 - 04:12 PM

:devil: :thumbsup:

• motocross15_3

Posted August 19, 2004 - 05:02 PM

i say take it all off!!! LOL joking but it would be loud

• OldenPhatt

Posted August 19, 2004 - 06:58 PM

Why don't you just put a few baseball cards in your spokes? It'll sound real neato and you'll think you're faster. I would recommend that all you loud pipe lovers join the Blue Ribbon Coalition so you can learn how your childish lust for volume is closing riding areas.

By they way, I have a stock 02 426 with the PMB endcap. 96db and no noticable loss in power. It seems a small price to pay to get to ride in huge state parks for $4.

• endurodog

Posted August 19, 2004 - 07:23 PM

would recommend that all you loud pipe lovers join the Blue Ribbon Coalition so you can learn how your childish lust for volume is closing riding areas.

I would love for you to show me some proof of it closing riding areas. It doesn't!!!!

• chrome-crf

Posted August 19, 2004 - 07:46 PM

I find it very interesting that the YZ guys are actually giving real answers to the question. If you posted this question in the CRF forum, you would catch hell from everyone and their brother on how loud pipes close parks and get you in trouble everywhere. I for one like a loud, healthy sounding exhaust on my bikes and although I do agree with creating a happy medium between OHV'ers and campers, bikers, hikers, etc, I don't like it when someone asks a legitimate question and they get all these answers about how stupid they are for having a loud pipe on their bike. Do you realize that some states don't give a $hit and if you are on your own 500 acre piece of land, who cares if you are out by yourself and your exhaust is 120db :devil: All I am saying is don't give someone so much crap about their exhaust if you don't know where and how they ride :thumbsup:

• Tennessee_Thumper

Posted August 19, 2004 - 07:47 PM

I would love for you to show me some proof of it closing riding areas. It doesn't!!!!

WRONG!!!

What kind of proof do you need? Do you think it makes front page news when a small private track/riding area gets closed due to neighbors crying about hearing the noise from MILES away?

You can run whatever pipe you like, but to say that noise isn't a big issue is just plain incorrect.

• JohnnyOfast

Posted August 19, 2004 - 07:51 PM

[/QUOTE] I would love for you to show me some proof of it closing riding areas. It doesn't!!!!

[/QUOTE]

It Does!!!!
A track in Wyoming was recently shut down from noise complaints. Waushugal Washington National track was nearly shut down and just avoided a very costly lawsuit - all due to noise (according to RacerX web site). It is always an issue for practice tracks and real tracks alike. There is a very well known track in California that does not allow YZ for strokes at all because of noise (and thats stock! somehow I don't see a CRF being a whole lot quieter.)

It doesn't have to be loud to go fast. :thumbsup:

• FFRacing79

Posted August 19, 2004 - 08:15 PM

[/QUOTE]It doesn't have to be loud to go fast. :thumbsup:

[/QUOTE]

Depends how fast you want to go!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.