Lost a quart of oil

2 replies to this topic
  • jlpskydive

Posted August 17, 2004 - 03:32 PM

Went out and did a dual sport this weekend and on Sat night (real DARK) ended upside down (literally) in a deep ravine. Get the bike out and ride back 7 miles or so and park it at the cabin. Sunday, check the oil and I’m barley on the dipstick. The bike still runs great no noise etc... I can't find any leaks and it isn't smoking. Where did the oil go? The ride was about 80 miles or so of mostly 2 gear single and tight woods. Could I have really hurt anything if it just burned off? The bike I’m referring to is the one in my sig.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • truck6driver

Posted August 17, 2004 - 04:20 PM

Did you look in the air box? :thumbsup: My 94' has a hose that goes from the crankcase to the bottom of the air box.

• jlpskydive

Posted August 17, 2004 - 04:37 PM

not in the box. looked there first. just don't know where it went. See you at the 500!! :thumbsup: Do you live in Reaford? I jump there alot, some GK are friends of mine.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.