Clutching with Recluse

4 replies to this topic
  • GreggT

Posted August 17, 2004 - 12:27 PM

Who still uses their clutch with the recluse. Are you using the clutch on restarts, diving into turns, jumps, etc.

• Fastest1

Posted August 17, 2004 - 03:31 PM

Dont even have a lever, however I could see the need for the lever in say SX or Mx where a jump immediately followed a very slow corner. That would be the only time. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tool

Posted August 17, 2004 - 08:25 PM

ive got the lever with my rekluse, and ive just started to really use it in MX. the lever is so easy to pull its a one finger clutch. i use my clutch *liberally* now, its way better with the lever.
i always use the lever when taking off, practicing starts, brakesliding, certain shifts and for more power out-of-the-corner. the lever is basically manditory. an auto clutch without a lever is like a 5-sp trans without a shifter.

• Sean_McCutcheon

Posted August 18, 2004 - 04:10 AM

I have started racing MX and had to put the lever back on. In the woods I didn't need it. I raced a couple of times without the lever and then found out I needed it in some of the turns where there was a jump 20 ft from the turn and also I use it at the start.

• John_Lorenz

Posted August 18, 2004 - 06:45 AM

I ordered the perch and sent it back

Two reasons
1: Just could not make it fit no matter what
2: found I really dont need it

As Sean, Ride woods 99.9999% of the time. In fact I ride so little ah never mind, just dont need it :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.