God that's noisy!! Akropavich can!

11 replies to this topic
  • simch

Posted August 17, 2004 - 09:43 AM

I have just fitted a titanium Akropavich can to my WR450 04!

Gees,I reckon it will wake the dead now! Its soooo noisy on idel, it does quieten up a bit on the cruise, but crack the throttle and it's just mental noise!!

Anyone else running one?

• Khari

Posted August 17, 2004 - 10:37 AM

I don't have one but I definitely want one. I have one on my YZF-R1. Have you noticed a big difference?

• simch

Posted August 17, 2004 - 11:21 AM

Only just been out round the town on it, so cannot really say. Its definately noisy, I tweaked the jetting on the old can at the weekend and may need to do so again with this one.
Its well made, much thicker titanium that the road akras, (which I have on my Mile Edwards Rep!)

• Khari

Posted August 17, 2004 - 08:28 PM

Mille Edwards replica? :thumbsup:

• simch

Posted August 18, 2004 - 03:12 AM

yup, signed by the mn himself too!! Nice road and track bike, far more capable than I am!

• 5valve

Posted August 19, 2004 - 08:40 AM

how much did you pay for akrapovic; and wich system do you have, racing, evolution, slip on..

it is produced in my country about 25 miles from my home, but the ful evo. line still costs 1000$, way too much

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • simch

Posted August 23, 2004 - 08:32 AM

Its the racing can only, not the header pipe, I left that stock.

Akra do some VERY high quality stuff. I would go and get one and ask for a "locals discount".

Its very trick for an off road bike.

• Wasted

Posted August 23, 2004 - 11:32 AM

Hi,

I also have a akra can on my R1 and it is well cool and quiet to for a race can not for road use. My WR400 has a standard can on with no baffles in and is way to loud! When I start it the windows in the house shake :devil: I dont think I will be getting a Akra for my WR then :thumbsup:, does any one know of a good quiet can for a WR? The FMF range are ment to be ok?

Andy

• simch

Posted August 26, 2004 - 07:30 AM

Yep, CRD do some quietish ally enduro cans, rated at 92db. Try racespec in Ledbury, Herefordshire(?) and on the web.

• sabin

Posted August 26, 2004 - 11:21 PM

I have the slip-on version and it comes with a little alu orifice bolt on at the end, and with it it is much-much more quiter that without it! However on my one day rides I remove it as I enjoy the fat sound of my WR. On longer rides I use it as it too noisy without it.

• Muzza

Posted August 27, 2004 - 01:11 AM

I have just fitted a titanium Akropavich can to my WR450 04! Gees,I reckon it will wake the dead now!
Its soooo noisy on idel, it does quieten up a bit on the cruise, but crack the throttle and it's just mental noise!!
Anyone else running one?

Sure as hell hope there's not too many who are dumb enough to run one. :thumbsup: :devil: :awww:

• simch

Posted August 27, 2004 - 07:00 AM

???!!.....??
:thumbsup:
I'm sure pure off road users (ie non "road legal" bikes) will be ok with it. It seems to have quietened a little but it is probably just I am getting used to it.

I cannot fault it for quality though, the welds are top notch and material's finish is flawless.

They do a good job over there in Eastern Europe, 5 Valve! It was £300 in the UK with a discount, (approx Euro 500)!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.