Yoshimura pipe for XR650L

3 replies to this topic
  • Pengaleng

Posted August 17, 2004 - 06:33 AM

What truth is there to this post? Will the XR600 pipe fit a 1999 XR650L and are these pipes hard to come by?

Also, what pipe options are available for a XR650L and what would you recommend?

Original POST below:
TT Member
Reged: 04/12/04
Loc: Wastelands of NM
Re: 650l and r exhuast [Re: StreetThumper650]
#1267256 - 08/04/04 05:30 PM Reply Quote

Run to the store and beg them to sell you the Yoshimura system for an XR600! It works well, adjusts sound level in under a minute with the TEC inserts, looks sweet, and fits nicely.
Hurry since Yoshimura isn't listing it for sale anymore!

• truck6driver

Posted August 17, 2004 - 07:41 AM

Yes the Xr600 pipe will fit the XR650L. The Cobra exhaust I used to run was for a XR600 because they did not list the XR650L. The frame is the same as the 600. The only thing to watch is the exit of the exhaust. When I bought my bike it had an FMF Mega Max II system. The tuning disc allowed exhaust to hit the turn signal and melted it. Other than that fit was exact. I have seen all brands on the "L". It is getting to find one for the XR600, since Honda does not make them anymore, some companies are dropping the listing.
I had to call and get a part # for my FMF power core 4 "Q" pipe because it was not in the catalog. Good luck.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SMD

Posted August 17, 2004 - 05:23 PM

Hey Buck is the man....he speaks the ZRX bros truth!
Go for it, you can't beat Pop's Yoshi pipes. I am sure Buck can shoot you a foto or two. :thumbsup:

• MotoChris521

Posted August 19, 2004 - 05:33 AM

I have a Pro-Cicuit T-4 on my '03 XRL(the older style)It was listed for both bikes (XRL/XR600).Bolted right on but i did have to use the rear turnsignal mount for the pipe and the t/s.Much lighter than stock and way faster( and LOUDER) :thumbsup:

Related Content

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  37 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.