Y2K WR400 THROTTLE STOP EURO SPEC

3 replies to this topic
  • john_pearce

Posted June 21, 2001 - 01:49 PM

HI ALL
SORRY FOR POSTING ON THIS FREQUENT TOPIC ,
BUT ON MY EURO SPEC Y2K WR400 THE THROTTLE
ONLY TURNS A 1/4 TURN . I REMOVED THE THROTTLE STOP SCREW ( THE UPRIGHT ONE AT THE REAR OF THE CARB LOCTITED IN ), BUT IT DIDN'T
MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE ,THE THROTTLE STILL ONLY TURNS 1/4 TURN . CAN ANYONE ADVISE IF THE EURO SCREW IS ALREADY TO THE REQUIRED LENGTH AND THEREFORE DOES NOT REQUIRING TRIMMING. THE TOTAL LENGTH OF THE SCREW INCLUDING THE HEAD IS 23MM ,OR 17MM WITHOUT THE HEAD .I'VE PUT IT BACK IN AND THOUGHT I'D BETTER SEEK SOME GUIDANCE.
YOUR HELP IS APPRECIATED AS A BIT CONFUSED.

JOHN
PORTSMOUTH ENGLAND

• Derek_Burns

Posted June 23, 2001 - 11:21 AM

Hi John,
I dont know if i can help you here, but maybe.
My mate has a 99 model WR, and his throttle stop was a kind of sleeved pin which was loctited over the end of the throttle stop screw, I just pulled and twisted it off with pliers. My 01 WR however didnt have a throttle stop at all. I'm not so sure what the score is on the 00 model, but surely it should be obvious exactly what is reducing your throttle movement when you look at the side of the carb? The easiest thing to do is to take off the carb and reduce the length of the stop until you can see that the throttle slide moves up enough to give full throttle.
good luck

Del

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • David_W

Posted June 26, 2001 - 05:28 AM

John

UK spec WR's have the shortened throttle stop from the YZ as standard. I found this out after spending £8 on the YZ bit. Doh!

------------------
'00 WR400F, YZ Timing, FMF Power Core IV2, Renthal Bars.

• john_pearce

Posted June 26, 2001 - 09:54 PM

HI
DEREK / DAVID

I MANAGED TO TAKE THE RUBBER INTAKE OFF FROM
THE BACK OF THE CARB , AND NOTICED THAT ALTHOUGH YOU ONLY TWIST THE THROTTLE BACK 1/4
TURN THE THROTTLE SLIDE ACTUALLY GOES ALL
THE WAY UP . SO THERE WE ARE SORTED , THE
EURO BIKES HAVE THE YZ T/STOP .
I WASN'T REALLY LOOKING FOR EXTRA POWER
JUST CURIOUS WHAT THE SCORE WAS ( you know
what its like tinkering in the garage ).

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP LADS

JOHN

P.S. DEREK , HAD A LOOK AT F/EDDY RESULTS
WHAT WENT WRONG (CAN'T BE THE BIKE ) ?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.