Fuel Screw - O-Ring / Washer Order

6 replies to this topic
  • V968231

Posted August 16, 2004 - 10:25 AM

Just putting my carb back together but cannot work out if the order of the Fuel Screw O-ring and Washer. The spring goes onto the Fuel Screw first I think, but does the metal washer go next or the rubber O-Ring:confused:

• Jackazz

Posted August 16, 2004 - 11:19 AM

Maybe it's on here...

EDIT, okay, for some reason that did'nt work, even though it did when I pasted it into my Internerd Exploder address bar. Go to the link below & find the carb section for your bike.

From the Yamaha Online Parts Catalog.

• V968231

Posted August 16, 2004 - 11:26 AM

I can't work it out from the diagram :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bikepilot

Posted August 16, 2004 - 11:26 AM

The o-ring must be the last thing you put on. The washer is there to keep the end of the spring from damaging the o-ring. If you look closely there is a sharper edge on the washer from when it was stamped out, I always like to face the sharp edge to the spring leaving the smooth side toward the o-ring, but it probably doesn't matter that much... :thumbsup:

• V968231

Posted August 16, 2004 - 11:28 AM

• bikepilot

Posted August 16, 2004 - 11:30 AM

No problem! :thumbsup:

• toyota_mdt_tech

Posted August 16, 2004 - 01:57 PM

The spring goes on first, followed by the flat washer, then the o-ring. :thumbsup:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.