2004 WR450F, US spec vs. Euro/Canadian spec

1 reply to this topic
  • Gadsen

Posted August 16, 2004 - 06:21 AM

OK, picking up a new 04 Euro/Canadian spec WR450F tomorrow (Tuesday), are these technically the same. I know it wont have the USFS approved spark arrestor (easy to add that), but does it have things like the throttle stop, grey wire etc I need to deal with or does this bike come "non detuned"? Anyone else ever done this? And the VIN, any info on what the computer will spit out when my department of licensing types it in, I want to road plate it and I'm hoping it wont kick it out as "off road" etc. Looking forward to the magic button too! :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted August 16, 2004 - 06:24 AM

You should not have a gray wire or a throttle stop on the canadian or european models. You still have mods to do to get the bike where you want it. :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.