which 450 to get?

2 replies to this topic
  • tool

Posted August 15, 2004 - 04:11 PM

i need a yz 450. i am split between an 03 and an 04. i was told the 04 is 4 pounds lighter than the 03, what is the actual difference in wieght?
the only other reason i would want an 04 is the larger set of forks. are they that much better, as far as bottoming goes?
any differences in the engine?
i want the lightest bike i can get, but an 05 or 06 isnt an option. i am leaning toward an 04, can anyone with an 03/04 tell me which is best? :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • squad56

Posted August 15, 2004 - 06:19 PM

i have an 04 and i had an 03yz250.i hated the forks on the 250. the forks on the 04 do have a better bottoming out resistance and they feel more stable. if you could get an 04 for a good deal then do it. i did and i have a big smile on my face. :thumbsup:

• tool

Posted August 15, 2004 - 07:45 PM

i hated the forks on the 250. the forks on the 04 do have a better bottoming out resistance and they feel more stable.

that my biggest complaint about my 00, the fork just cant deal with the big jumps. i guess its about 1/2 the wieght problem and 1/2 a bad fork design. i need better control up front.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.