My 2002 YZ 426 is too tall for me!

5 replies to this topic
  • dirtbiker143

Posted August 15, 2004 - 02:21 PM

Anyone out there know if there's a lowering link available for the 2002 YZ 426? I need to drop the bike approximately 3/4" to 1".

Your help would be appreciated.

• DoctorRzed

Posted August 15, 2004 - 03:04 PM

How tall are you?

• Fastest1

Posted August 15, 2004 - 05:26 PM

Try Kouba. I believe they are at

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Yak

Posted August 16, 2004 - 06:26 AM

There are a few options.. Im 5'7" and when I first got my 426 I thought it was going to be impossible to ride. My remedy for the time being was to shave out a little of the seat foam, similar to how a freestyle bike would look but not as extreme. The down side is that getting up on the tank for cornering isnt an option, too hard on the scrigg!

I run a full seat now, but the shaved seat really helped me learn without dumping it alot.

Also, You can run a hair more sag than optimal, maybe 110 mm. While running more sag you can also adjust the forks up in the clamps 5-10 mm.

• Fastest1

Posted August 16, 2004 - 09:23 AM

You can also cut down the subframe where it mounts to the frame and reweld it(about 10mm), you will be able to leave the seat alone

Posted August 16, 2004 - 09:54 AM

I had the same problem, you can raise the forks up in the clamps almost an inch. That made a huge difference in turning as well.

You could also take your riding boots to your local shoe repair shop and have them "Herman Munstered".....hehehe!

Bonzai :thumbsup:

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.