Need Help Twin wall bars

7 replies to this topic
  • NuTbAg

Posted August 15, 2004 - 12:29 PM

I'm in dire need of help.i have been spending cash left an right with no luck.I'm trying to find a way to mount brush guards onto my bars (twin wall) an can not find a adapter thus far that will work on 1 1/8 bars.

I just got a clamp that is made by fastway for the upper tree but my tree is a 3 bolt pro taper bolts out the front.

Any one have any idea's or help.I don't want to have to buy new bars.

• from_xr_to_cr

Posted August 15, 2004 - 12:33 PM

Acerbis makes a 1 1/8 mount kit for all of their handgaurds.

• NuTbAg

Posted August 15, 2004 - 12:48 PM

I have seen a few different styles but after buying 3 so far im best off looking for a tested an working brand.

• mnovarossi

Posted August 15, 2004 - 01:59 PM

I used to have Acerbis guards but they would never stay tight on my Pro-Tapers. Now I use Enduro Engineering guards and they fit the 1 1/8 bars good, and stay good and tight!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • NuTbAg

Posted August 15, 2004 - 02:25 PM

I have a set of guards i like i just need a way to clamp to bars.

• slappie

Posted August 16, 2004 - 04:09 AM

I am not 100% sure what you are asking but here is my solution to handguard mounts with a Pro-Taper triple clamp.

I have Cycra Pro-Bend handguards. I also have their triple clamp mounts for triple clamps with front mount pinch bolts.

Since the Pro-Tapers have 3 bolts rather than the normal two, you have to modify the Cycra triple clamp mounts a little. They come standard with two elongated holes for the pinch bolts, separated by an I shaped aluminum divider. To get them to mount to the Pro-Tapers with 3 bolts, you need to cut out that I shaped area with a hacksaw and then file the two elongated holes into one long slot. Get some longer pinch bolts and you are set.

• Jackazz

Posted August 16, 2004 - 06:10 AM

I put a set of rally II handguards on the twinwalls I had on my KTM. This was of course before Acerbis made mounts specifically for the twinwalls. I got a set of acerbis mounts for pro-tapers & used the die grinder to get them to fit properly. The pro-taper mounts have a conical hole in them, as the pro-taper bars get smaller from the mounts outward. I had to grind down the smaller diameter side of the mounts to make it the same size all the way through. IIRC, it only took me about 1/2 hour to do the whole thing.

Posted Image

• NuTbAg

Posted August 16, 2004 - 09:52 AM

Thanks Slappie your correct in what im looking for.i did buy the same mounts but i didn't get the correct ones i got the side mount an not the forward facing one.

After looking around i found that chaparral has a new listing for the acerbis rally II . mounting kit that says for renthal twinwall bars $28.99.

I ordered them up today an will see if they do the trick. :thumbsup:

Related Content

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.