WR400F VS. XR600?

33 replies to this topic
  • RCannon

Posted August 16, 2004 - 11:56 AM

Would you have sold Marcus a bike without using a roll of duct tape???

• lewichris

Posted August 16, 2004 - 01:43 PM

LOL i have not visited this forum for at least 1 year. I have been spending way too much time in the Off-topic forum.

I have raced an xr 600. Flat straight stretch, dirt and gravel, an old air strip. It was dead even till i hit 4th and 5th. then i pulled away.

BUt guys like it has been said so many times before, it is the rider. Plus who just sits out there and challanges people near a dirt drag strip? That is very boring. I know a guy who could ride and cr 80 and out trail ride me.

I have ridden several xr 600's. they are nice. BUt very heavy.

Chris( not a newbie) :thumbsup:

• dirtryder52

Posted August 16, 2004 - 05:20 PM

the yamaha would win for sure hondas got nuthin on yamaha most of their four strokes have no power band and the 400 would smoke it :thumbsup:

• marcusmoberg

Posted August 16, 2004 - 05:29 PM

Yea! As for as top speed goes it's faster than the raptor 660! It's a great bike but, the oil change is frustrating though! It has excellent power everywhere! I have several miles of tight trails and open trails and I have no problem in the tight stuff. :thumbsup:

• CaptRon

Posted August 16, 2004 - 05:34 PM

How could you have time ride. You spend all of your time posting meaningless questions with no apparent value!! :thumbsup:

• marcusmoberg

Posted August 16, 2004 - 05:43 PM

Ha! Ha! Just having fun and playing around! :thumbsup:

• squad56

Posted August 16, 2004 - 07:15 PM

marcus...who gives a #@@$ about who would win in a drag race?you probably just bought a bike to be part of the "in" crowd or something. and just because you have 70 posts or something doesnt make you special. you are still a newbie.especially since you signed up to tt a week ago or so.so dont be such a jack ass

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • lewichris

Posted August 17, 2004 - 05:07 AM

Yea! As for as top speed goes it's faster than the raptor 660! It's a great bike but, the oil change is frustrating though! It has excellent power everywhere! I have several miles of tight trails and open trails and I have no problem in the tight stuff. :thumbsup:

why is the oil change so frustrating?

• lewichris

Posted August 17, 2004 - 05:09 AM

marcus...who gives a #@@$ about who would win in a drag race?you probably just bought a bike to be part of the "in" crowd or something. and just because you have 70 posts or something doesnt make you special. you are still a newbie.especially since you signed up to tt a week ago or so.so dont be such a jack ass

Why you so hard on the guy? IT is a free country, as long as the name calling and threats dont happen he is fine. Now you on the other hand. WHO CARES, no need to call another riding brother names. Ride in peace. Quit the assult. :thumbsup:

• simch

Posted August 17, 2004 - 07:43 AM

He loves it!! Go on give him hell!

• directconnection

Posted August 24, 2004 - 01:31 PM

I come from the old school of Honda XR500 bikes. I owned a total of 5. I have ridden a few 600 and 650s, also. Bulletproof bikes, but performance-wise.... they are garbage compared to the WR400 that I own right now with the only mod is a '99 YZF exhaust. Stock WR cam timing, gray wire still intact, etc... (for now) Night and day comparison.
Why is that? The technology on these new Yamahas ('98+) are so far ahead of the XR's which is based upon late 70's 4-valve technology. Long stroke...small bore. WR/YZ + VERY short stroke which = high revs, and large bore which = large valve surface area packed into the chamber.
Think of the old XR's as a Harley vs our WR/YZFs like any new inline 4 on the sportbikes out there making more than twice the HP on less displacement. Now.... Honda's 450F... that's fighting fire with fire now!
Steve

• CaptRon

Posted August 24, 2004 - 07:49 PM

Uh....Can't argue with that :thumbsup:

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted September 07, 2004 - 05:08 PM

You have to be kidding right! the WR400 would leave it in the dust!!!

• ryaniniowa

Posted September 07, 2004 - 07:48 PM

I thought just the midwest forum was mindless babble and arguing. Nice to see it's spread throughout the whole site. :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.