Extra gas tank? Rear number plate

8 replies to this topic
  • stink

Posted August 15, 2004 - 11:28 AM

Has anyone seen the extra gas tank you can buy for an 04 wr 450 that mounts where the rear number plate is? I think it was acerbis. I wish I book marked it. Can anyone shoot me the link? Thanks S.

• tool

Posted August 15, 2004 - 08:07 PM

thats a baja designs product. not acerbis. if it was acerbis it probably wouldnt mount right. :thumbsup:

• ddialogue

Posted August 17, 2004 - 09:12 AM

Actually, it is an Acerbis tank distributed through Baja Designs. BD.com doesn't have a photo of the YZ/WR model but you can see the one for the KTM. 1.5 gallons; $155. I have thought about it but I'm not sure when I would really need all that much extra fuel. :thumbsup:

• tool

Posted August 17, 2004 - 11:08 PM

i stand corrected. the tank looks interesting to me. it would be alot easier than changing the whole gas tank. not to mention it wouldnt ruin the ergo's. if i get a new YZ, i will be getting one of these tanks. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ddialogue

Posted August 18, 2004 - 05:12 AM

I wonder if the weight of 1.5 gallons of fuel on one side (probably what...9lbs or so?) on the left side would screw up your balance? It'll be interesting to see what people think of them. I'd definitely be interested to hear. :thumbsup:

• ttr125smms120

Posted August 18, 2004 - 05:26 AM

i have wanted 1 of those for my ttr-125, and it was a dumb idea because it was an accident waiting to ignite or explode. a really good idea and all tho, and i would love to have 1. also, ive never been on a ride where ive run out of fuel. but if you like it, go for it!!! i think it looks awesome :thumbsup:

• T_Reiner

Posted August 18, 2004 - 05:40 AM

Actually, it is an Acerbis tank distributed through Baja Designs.

A-Loop made them originally and sold the molds to BD, maybe acerbis is making them for BD now? I don’t know

I have one for my 400 by aloop that I never use, I can go 130 with my IMS tank so I really don’t need it

• ddialogue

Posted August 18, 2004 - 07:54 AM

Now I stand corrected! :devil: :thumbsup:

So, was weight an issue with the tank?

• dirtryder52

Posted August 18, 2004 - 10:29 PM

ive seen an acerbis gas tank that mounts on the front number plate i believe they have a .5 gallon and 1 gallon version not exactly sure though

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.