Utah guys- Let's shoot for Diamond Fork on saturday!

35 replies to this topic
  • mrmoto

Posted August 19, 2004 - 11:58 AM

wakin -- 039 can be accessed via the dirt road that leads up to Holman Flat. The trailhead is about a mile up the road. I'm going to be riding this today. We'll be in the main parking lot at tibble fork resevoir at 4:00pm. Come join us for a first hand tour. My riding buddy knows the area very well.

• live_to_ride

Posted August 19, 2004 - 03:55 PM

Shucks!!! I tried to make it, but got shut down in traffic on I-15 then my bike fell off of the trailer when I came screeching to a stop. All I could do was smile though after I saw the bike was ok. :thumbsup: I've been in good spirits lately. :awww: :devil:

• tigerowner_ut

Posted August 20, 2004 - 05:54 AM

The chase creek trailhead may be a good spot. Let me know.

Eric,

Could we meet at Chrevron on Hwy 6 or the turnoff to Diamond Fork From Hwy 6? Otherwise give directions to the trailhead.

• mrmoto

Posted August 20, 2004 - 06:16 AM

David - I can meet you at noon at the Chevron off Hwy 6. I'll have my cell phone with me, 836-5246.
- Eric

• mrmoto

Posted August 20, 2004 - 06:25 AM

wakin --
I rode trail 039 yesterday. Here's how to find the trailhead. From tibblefork ride straight up the dirt road towards mineral basin. I'd guess about 2 miles in, there is a campground on the left side with a restroom. This is the first campground with a restroom. Directly adjacent on the right side of the road is the trailhead. It's not marked and doesn't look like much of a trail. It's pretty steep and is at a sharp angle to the road. Go up here. There are two offshoots on the trail about a mile in. Neither one goes anywhere, so if you reach a deadend, turn around, go back, and look for the turnoff.

You're gonna want to know about this trail before riding it. After the first mile or so it gets steeper and steeper, full of baseball, softball, and basketball size rocks. Just when you think your through the rocks, you reach a bonefide rock garden. Big stuff! Then you just keep going up and up and up. Mondo technical trail. Lots of fun for the adrenaline junkie :thumbsup:. Once on top, you get into some well-behaved singletrack. Definately worth the effort.

Have fun. Let me know when you're going to try this. I'd be happy to go with and point out the trailhead.

• RNH

Posted August 20, 2004 - 06:53 AM

live_to_ride
Just noticed you had a YZ cam in your WR. How do you like it? How much of your low end did it kill?

Thanks!!!!

• live_to_ride

Posted August 20, 2004 - 08:53 AM

I would prefer that this thread stays on topic, so send me a pm. :thumbsup:

David- are you for sure going? I hope you can make it.

Eric- Thanks for actually going!!! It looks like everyone bailed on the morning portion of the ride. Would you guys just like to meet at the gas station? That would be the one closest to the canyon, eh? What time? Thanks for going guys!! :devil:

• mrmoto

Posted August 20, 2004 - 09:03 AM

Chris -

Eric- Thanks for actually going!!!

My bike's not just a shiney trophy for oogling... I like to actually ride it :thumbsup:.

I can be at the Chevron off Hwy 6 at 12:00 noon. Remember this is not the Chevron going up to Hobble Creek. Get off on the Spanish fork Hwy 6 exit. The very first Chevron (no sure what side of the road) stop at. See ya tomorrow.
- Eric

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • live_to_ride

Posted August 20, 2004 - 09:50 AM

Isn't there a chevron right off of 15, then another near the mouth of the canyon?

• live_to_ride

Posted August 20, 2004 - 10:25 AM

My bike's not just a shiney trophy for oogling... I like to actually ride it :thumbsup:.

:devil: I'm kinda starting to wonder about some of these guys. :awww: :lol:

BTW the ride this morning was a blast! I took a header off the trail and down the mountain a little ways, but that didn't stop me from having fun.

• wakin

Posted August 20, 2004 - 12:34 PM

[QUOTE]
[QUOTE]

BTW the ride this morning was a blast! I took a header off the trail and down the mountain a little ways, but that didn't stop me from having fun.

[/QUOTE]

A little ways? Wes said the bike did 2 endovers & you were 20' below it :thumbsup:

Too bad we were horsing Corrie's bike back on the trail, I would have liked to have seen it.

Sorry about scaring you this morning Chris. After 5 miles on dirt road you probably thought that was all we were riding. It was a fun, somewhat sweaty ride!

• mrmoto

Posted August 20, 2004 - 01:12 PM

Isn't there a chevron right off of 15, then another near the mouth of the canyon?

Chris - let's just meet at whichever Chevron comes first.

• tigerowner_ut

Posted August 20, 2004 - 01:39 PM

David - I can meet you at noon at the Chevron off Hwy 6. I'll have my cell phone with me, 836-5246.
- Eric

Ok the first one. right off the HWY

• mrmoto

Posted August 20, 2004 - 01:50 PM

Yup - let's meet at the first Chevron right off the highway. 12:00 noon.

• live_to_ride

Posted August 20, 2004 - 03:42 PM

Posted Image

• live_to_ride

Posted August 20, 2004 - 07:30 PM

Hey Eric- slight change in plans!! Another rider is going to meet me in the morning, so we'll go back to our other idea and I'll meet you by the sign/billboard up at the top of the paved road at 12:30. :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.