Utah guys- Let's shoot for Diamond Fork on saturday!

35 replies to this topic
  • live_to_ride

Posted August 15, 2004 - 08:29 AM

All righty then. Let's meet at about 7:00 at the gas station at the bottom of spanish fork canyon. I think it's a chevron. If you guys don't want to ride there, then I'm open to ideas. FYI I didn't see any evidence of fire around the trails two weeks ago. :thumbsup:

• N7SLC

Posted August 15, 2004 - 01:53 PM

Tenatively plan on me Chris...still waiting on a radiator hose and a
new rear tire.

Dan

• live_to_ride

Posted August 15, 2004 - 01:59 PM

:thumbsup: Sweet!!! I really hope you can make it!! I printed some maps, so I kinda know where the trails are now. :devil:

• mrmoto

Posted August 16, 2004 - 07:29 AM

I'm out for a morning ride. I need to be at my son's soccer game at 9:00am. Best case I could ride the afternoon.

• live_to_ride

Posted August 16, 2004 - 09:28 AM

Awesome! I would be more than happy to meet you whenever you would like Eric! Hopefully some people can ride in the morning as well and then we could meet you back at the parking area a little later. :thumbsup:

• live_to_ride

Posted August 17, 2004 - 10:42 PM

Ok, I've been a little distracted for a couple of days, but here are the possible riders for this weekend so far:

Dan in the morning
Phil in the morning
Eric in the afternoon

I hope this happens!! It will rock!! You guys KNOW you want to go!!! :thumbsup:

• tigerowner_ut

Posted August 18, 2004 - 04:03 PM

I won't be there at 7am! 8am is a bit more realistic. I can ride Friday if that is an option. Saturday is possibly doable.

• live_to_ride

Posted August 18, 2004 - 08:41 PM

Friday morning we are meeting at the tibble fork parking lot at 6:00 am. If no one has a problem with meeting at 8:00 on saturday, then we'll do it.

• N7SLC

Posted August 19, 2004 - 05:00 AM

Friday morning we are meeting at the tibble fork parking lot at 6:00 am. If no one has a problem with meeting at 8:00 on saturday, then we'll do it.

I'm out Chris. My wife had to have emergency surgery on her right
hand, so I need to lend her a hand around the house.

• tigerowner_ut

Posted August 19, 2004 - 05:20 AM

Chris,

You are anxious to ride aren't you! Think you need to add a bit of flexability in the ride times. I don't think I am alive at 6am. Besides I need to make a parts run at RMMC.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • live_to_ride

Posted August 19, 2004 - 05:55 AM

I didn't set that time David! :thumbsup: It was Clint (wakin) who made that plan. He and his riding buddies are meeting at 6:00 just for a quick ride before work. After that, I'm probably going to go up to park city to ride a small motocross track up there with another friend. You're totally welcome to come!

David- Dan isn't going on saturday, and I only have a maybe from Phil, and a maybe from Eric for the afternoon. If you can go, then I'll meet you whenever you would like. 8:00 is totally fine with me. :devil:

• mrmoto

Posted August 19, 2004 - 06:35 AM

Chris - I'm in for Saturday afternoon. I can meet you at 12:30. I'd prefer to meet on the Diamond Fork side... not in the usual parking lot up Hobble Creek. The chase creek trailhead may be a good spot. Let me know.

• mrmoto

Posted August 19, 2004 - 06:38 AM

Oh.. and I can't make the AF canyon ride Friday morning. But, I'll be riding AF canyon this afternoon at 4:00pm. Now that they re-openned a few trails (yes really... the forrest service RE-OPENNED closed trails!!!), I live 15 mintues from the trailhead. Hehehehe! :thumbsup:

• live_to_ride

Posted August 19, 2004 - 07:12 AM

Eric Please call me at 556-8082 if you see this before you go. I'd like to go! Thanks Eric! You Rock! :thumbsup: :devil:

• RNH

Posted August 19, 2004 - 07:23 AM

live_2_ride --- where is the small motocross track in Park City? Is it right off Highway 40 by the Park City exit?

Where do you ride when you go up Diamond Fork? Thinking of heading that way from the Strawberry side, like Squaw creek.
Looks like there is a bunch of single track on top. Is it any good?

Thanks

• live_to_ride

Posted August 19, 2004 - 08:42 AM

I haven't been to the track in park city yet. The single track up diamond fork is my favorite place to ride so far. Go here for the maps: http://www.fs.fed.us/r4/uinta/maps/

• wakin

Posted August 19, 2004 - 08:50 AM

mrmoto - do you know where the trailhead is for 039 up AF Canyon?

FYI - You guys that are riding Saturday, it's the opener of the archery hunt. If you are on dirt roads or quad trails expect a lot of road hunters.

• mrmoto

Posted August 19, 2004 - 09:03 AM

Chris - we'll be meeting at in the main parking lot at the tibblefork resevoir. The recent trail opennings start from there. Easy access to the whole trails system. If you're coming be there at 4:00pm.

• mrmoto

Posted August 19, 2004 - 09:04 AM

It's on the map... some really great trails up AF canyon.

• wakin

Posted August 19, 2004 - 11:45 AM

It's on the map... some really great trails up AF canyon.

I can see it on the map, I just can't find it from the road. I gues I'll ride 181 to 039 & see where it comes out?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.