Need to vent regarding graphics

3 replies to this topic
  • RCannon

Posted August 15, 2004 - 05:54 AM

Why do the maufacturers insist in using white on the gas tanks of our motorcycle graphics? I believe most of us have known for years that the white turns yellow. I know it might not look as sexy at first, but Do we really need to keep making the same mistakes over and over again?

The only company that should be allowed to use white is FX. The FX branded graphics will not stick long enough to have the chance for the white to yellow.

The one industries have given me almost double the service life of anything fx has sold me.

I know the true answer is to skip the graphics all together. I agree to a point, but I really like the look of a well decorated bike.

I wish Yamaha would go to a gas tank design that has the radiator shrouds covering the entire tank. This makes it possible to have graphics that hold up...Well, with the exception of FX.

• Satch0922

Posted August 15, 2004 - 09:15 AM

mine never stay on long enough to turn yellow!! :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jeffro426

Posted August 15, 2004 - 09:57 AM

mine never stay on long enough to turn yellow!! :thumbsup:

And thats pretty much the graphic companies take on it too...there made for a dirt bike...there gonna get dirt, scratched and torn quickly and therefore replaced quickly. Most of my graphics take at least 3-4 months to yellow, and are usually pretty worn out by that time.

• grayracer513

Posted August 15, 2004 - 10:19 AM

I wear a knee brace (asterisk), so my tank graphics only last about 1.5 times as long as the insides of the knees on my riding pants. The plastic on YZ tanks was originally formulated as an upgrade to Teflon, as I understand it.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.