with a broken arm, I need some new bars and some advice

2 replies to this topic
  • stainlessTT

Posted August 14, 2004 - 03:31 PM

hey guys, i just broke my fore arm a few inches behide my wrist last monday night. a titanium plate, 6 screws and a f... load of sticths later, :devil: :awww: :thumbsup: im left with a 04 yz450 with some jacked up handel bars (stock).

i know nothing about the pros and cons of the bars avaliable, nor do i know about what is avaliable.

im 5'8 155lbs and like to ride motocross style tracks mostly.

also my front forks have started to leak a lilttle bit of oil. what do i need to do? :lol:

thanks guys, i know you all will help alot :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jeffro426

Posted August 14, 2004 - 04:17 PM

Best advice....dont worry about the bars till you get better...fixing them now will only tempt you more to take it for a spin around the block and probably further injure your already hammered arm! :thumbsup: As for your forks, take a 35mm film negative and stick it in between your fork seals and run it in an up and down motion the full 360 degrees around the fork...most likely just something caught in the seal...especially with a bike that new.

• sirthumpalot

Posted August 15, 2004 - 01:26 AM

I'm partial to the fat bars. Lots of companies make them, I run Pro Tapers, many of my friends run the TAG, they're all strong. And with no cross bar they do flex a little which is nice on the wrists. Find someone with them on, with the bike on the stand put all your weight on the bars and bounce a bit and you can see just how much they flex. But I can tell you from experience, they are very difficult to bend in a crash. The film idea for the fork is excellent. The only thing that I add is check the oil level in both forks after the film trick, there's no way to tell how much oil you've lost so far.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.