Jetting for Reno 200 - Monty?

10 replies to this topic
  • Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted June 21, 2001 - 10:16 AM

Monty - any recommedations for the Tahoe Area?

• Bill

Posted June 21, 2001 - 10:18 AM

Thought I'd lend a hand here, you'll need to be leaner :)

Bill :D

Sorry couldn't resist

99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards, Renthal Jimmy Button highs, YZ Tank and IMS seat, YZ number plate, odo removed, EKP, 48PJ, 175MJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted June 21, 2001 - 12:05 PM

Oh, great one - how do you know what altitude I am currently jetted for? Can you also tell me the winning numbers for the lottery :)

Posted June 21, 2001 - 12:25 PM

I need the lottery no# also-----Hay Brain hows it going,jetting at boomtown and tahoe I just run stock WR jetting my bike is all stock on the exhaust end and air box the only jet I chaaaanged was the polit 1 size up from stock not much help, but I don't find a need for jetting if you don;t have any trouble with what you got.

Posted June 21, 2001 - 12:27 PM

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted June 21, 2001 - 12:33 PM

No problem with the name - lots of people do that. I just assumed they were paying me a compliment :)

I'm running a 48 PJ, DTM needle & 172 MJ (I think - can't remember). I'll bring the assortment of carb parts just in case....

Posted June 22, 2001 - 06:06 AM

Brian the P/J sound good the main my be rich you will be alt, from 4000 to 6ooo ft. do you stock exhaust and air box lid on?

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted June 22, 2001 - 06:28 AM

I think you & I are pretty close engine mod wise - no air box lid & stock exhaust with Thumper Tip/TTR tip. I haven't messed with the jetting in so long I don't really remember what the MJ is. I've ridden the bike with current jetting w/o any fouling up ~8k - Alamo Mtn (Gorman) & I don't have any problems at Middle Creek. I'll probably be fine but will bring the jets with me.

See you next weekend,

Posted June 22, 2001 - 10:17 AM

Sound good Brian,see you up there friday

• cueball

Posted June 22, 2001 - 10:27 AM

Hey Brian, have you decided on the 6 Days of NorCal ride yet? I saw you listed as a 'If Kitchen Pass Permits' participant :), so what's the status??

Hope to see you there...

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted June 22, 2001 - 11:08 AM

I'm not going to be able to do the 6 Days - just couldn't make it work out with the vacation days & the whole family (parents/grandmas/sister w/BIL & 3 kids) is converging on my house July 6 - July 9.

Maybe next year.....

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.