lighten ???

7 replies to this topic
  • yzthumpa236

Posted August 13, 2004 - 07:20 PM

can any one help me by telling me how i can lighten a yz426f thanks :awww: :lol: :thumbsup: :devil:

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted August 13, 2004 - 09:18 PM

How much money do you want to spend?

Exactly? There is a TT member here (lightestyzf), who, strangely enough, has the lightest YZF I know of. Send him a PM for more details, but it will be expensive, titanium, carbon fibre etc, etc... $$$$$$ :thumbsup:

• mikev7

Posted August 13, 2004 - 11:52 PM

When you ride, theirs a trick. Don't get on the bike and it will weigh over 100 lbs less. I'll post the technique later. :devil: :thumbsup:

• rsstom

Posted August 14, 2004 - 02:38 AM

Mine weighs 233 with fluids and no fuel. All it takes is money.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Anssi

Posted August 14, 2004 - 03:48 AM

can any one help me by telling me how i can lighten a yz426f

By far the cheapest way is to trade it in for a 450. And I'm not kidding either.

• Matt96xr6

Posted August 14, 2004 - 06:12 AM

Well I am down about 225-227 dry now (but not with all the parts listed)

Here are some big items, but also it takes $$$

exhaust -- Ti and carbon fiber
All guards CF -- waterpump, glide plate, sprocket, chain guide, rear disc protector
CR routing and Lightspeed guards (removes a few inches of the line, plus the lower fork guard protector
Ti subframe
CF airbox
Aluminum bars (duh)
replace bolts with Ti and Aluminum
Radiator bolts and washers - aluminum from 04 450
remove the neutral switch and wiring
Magnesium hubs and bar clamps
Renthal UL front and rear sprockets
EK MRDL chain
Ti shock spring

That is what is readily available. Also all the 02 parts like the fork internals, engine internals are all drilled out from the 00-01 parts. So you lose grams there, but they add up. Same idea with less oil used in the 02 vs the previous years bikes (1400cc vs 1700cc) and gas in the 450s (1.8 vs 2.1)

Some of the unobtanium parts would be aluminum frame, magnesium carb. Also a lot of the CF parts that use to be available for the 400/426 are not produced anymore.

• yzthumpa236

Posted August 14, 2004 - 07:06 PM

i cant really spend any money right know but i am talk a outdoor power machanics class this year so any other ways? :thumbsup:

• yzthumpa236

Posted August 14, 2004 - 07:06 PM

i cant really spend any money right know but i am talk a outdoor power machanics class this year so any other ways? :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.