05wr450 any reviews out there

5 replies to this topic
  • ADAM_3rd

Posted August 13, 2004 - 04:58 PM

Has any one got the 05 wr450? If so tell me about it,I want a good reliable trail bike with power when I need it,I was thinking of the 450x but i don't know if i can wait that long.

• Gadsen

Posted August 14, 2004 - 09:46 AM

I was comparing it myself, looks like it trimmed a pound, lost ground clearance, seat height, got longer, lost fuel capacity, compression went down, but front forks got bigger. I'm picking up a new 04 WR450 Tuesday, besides, the prices are good on 04 models as they make way for the 05's

• ADAM_3rd

Posted August 14, 2004 - 10:01 AM

I heard the 05 model is green stickered,something we have to deal with in california,or else I'd consider the 04 model.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Radbuster

Posted August 14, 2004 - 12:14 PM

I think the first regular shipments will land end of sept early october. Some early demo units might be flown in earlier.

• Guest_dsornot2ds_*

Posted August 14, 2004 - 12:23 PM

I was comparing it myself, looks like it trimmed a pound, lost ground clearance, seat height, got longer, lost fuel capacity, compression went down, but front forks got bigger. I'm picking up a new 04 WR450 Tuesday, besides, the prices are good on 04 models as they make way for the 05's

Where did you end up purchasing and how much did you score it for, if you don't mind me asking? I'm still considering one myself and am curious what kinda dealing they're willing to do. :thumbsup:

• Gadsen

Posted August 14, 2004 - 07:12 PM

Where did you end up purchasing and how much did you score it for, if you don't mind me asking? I'm still considering one myself and am curious what kinda dealing they're willing to do. :devil:

I'm picking it up from http://www.motorcycle-brokers.com he is out of BC Canada, he is selling them now for $5399. The 05's will show up end of September, and the price goes up too. MSRP for the 05 is $6,599, they have been averaging about $100 every year for a while now. These are European/Canadian specs, no USFS approve spark arrestor, you'll need to install a new muffler etc. And as far as I know, no grey wire to cut, no throttle stop to mess with, the Euro spec one didnt get all that detuning ours did. ANd the VIN has a different digit that doesnt force it to show up as "off road use only" so its easier to road plate these. :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.