What are the BEST TIRES for WET and DRY PAVEMENT?

4 replies to this topic
  • HondaXR650R

Posted August 13, 2004 - 04:27 PM

Anybody out there who knows what they're talking about, please suggest the best tires to use on both wet and dry pavement on my street oriented XR650R dualsport? So far, I'm considering Pirelli Scorpions or Duro 90/10s. Is there anything better out there for a supermotard-type (blacktop) application? My 50/50 Maxxis 6006s don't have enough grip on pavement, but they do alright on gravel roads and dry dirt. Safety on the street is my number one priority, and that means GRIP on both wet and dry pavement. What tires should I buy?

• wickedsprint

Posted August 13, 2004 - 06:59 PM

Safety on the street is my number one priority,

Then you are riding the wrong type of motorcycle. Every tire is a compromise.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mikekay

Posted August 14, 2004 - 09:02 PM

how about some rain tires for street bikes?

• BigRunt

Posted August 15, 2004 - 08:07 AM

I have maxxis all traks, and they work good on wet pavement for me but I have no other tire to compare them to. They are a real pain to change. Stupid me used screwdrivers and snapped one in half. good longetivity though. But what was already said, every tire will be a comprimise

• roadcam

Posted September 25, 2004 - 02:19 PM

Dunlop 401, if I remember the number correctly ... outstanding wet sport tire

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.