Posted June 21, 2001 - 09:47 PM
Since I haven't been out in a while, I need some help remembering some things?
1) Which side is the turny thing that makes the bike go faster?
2) If I ride with one of those blow-up dolls on the back like Mitch from Oz, will the tree huggers like me more or even less?
3) If KerryT, the wheelie king, is doing a wheelie and the guy in front of him is stopped, what should he do? Drop the front end and crash? Or keep it up and sacrifice the guy stopped on the trail? (Sorry Milkman, had to throw that dig in - Dooooooh!)
4) If Dave (WR250) crashes trying to keep up with the famous Scarymyth(DRZ), can I have his bonus points at the motel? Can I finally take the tricked out wonder bike for a ride if it's still working?
5) If Scarymyth crashes trying to keep up with Dave, do I have to tow that heavy yellow bike all the way back to the truck? Or can I just leave it on the trail? Will the e-start fit my WR?
6) If I get a trail-side flat, how do I change it without Howard Huge helping out?
I'm just trying to get back into the spirit of the sport and this website that has been down for a week. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Posted June 21, 2001 - 10:59 AM
Posted June 21, 2001 - 11:14 AM
The part of Rainbow I've ridden is much easier than those trails. But it's buff and fun and twisty.
The trail head is off 285 near Salida.
Posted June 21, 2001 - 11:19 AM
After Pikes Peak next week we should hook up.
Roostn in Golden
Posted June 21, 2001 - 12:20 PM
Hey Bryan, Whats up!? Rainbow trail was the best trail I have had the great pleasure of riding. Ive never been a big fan of off camber hills and if you get off the trail you will soon find out if you have any skills or not. Talk about drop offs! Pucker factor 10!
Bryan since Ive had my helmet cam all I can do is think back about how great it would have been to have tape rolling when Java crested that hill and done a superman right into my back. We were lucky to be able to ride out of there.
Cant wait to go back.
Ill be looking you up when I am ready!
Darin in Missouri - 1999 WR400F
[This message has been edited by MOmilkman (edited 06-21-2001).]