yz vs wr

2 replies to this topic
  • bdeezy400

Posted August 13, 2004 - 11:38 AM

just bought a 2000 wr400f for 2500 bucks. i really wanted a yz426f but i couldnt pass up that good of a deal. anyway what are the main differences between a yz and wr?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tool

Posted August 13, 2004 - 04:24 PM

the transmission

• jbrooks26

Posted August 13, 2004 - 04:29 PM

just bought a 2000 wr400f for 2500 bucks. i really wanted a yz426f but i couldnt pass up that good of a deal. anyway what are the main differences between a yz and wr?

There are actually quite a few differences. The transmission is one of the most noticeable, but the suspension is different too. Also the rear wheel is smaller on a WR, the weight is heavier on the WR, and of course the cosmetic looks. The WR has the lights stock, it has some different carb settings also. Tuned propperly, a WR can run just a good as a YZ. It will probably never be as fast off the line because of the wieght issues, but if you are riding trails or enduro style riding then you will be very happy with the WR. Enjoy,

Josh

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.