Grey Wire = bye bye CRF450

1 reply to this topic
  • xteamrider

Posted August 13, 2004 - 08:15 AM

So, I recently got back from a road trip down to Cali were I rode with my buddy who has a 2002 Honda CRF450. I not sure what's up with those Honda guys, but they sure like to say things like "Go Red or Go Home" all the time. I love my WR450f and never shoot off around the mouth about it. It's my own little secret. So, anyways, my buddy is talking major [@#$%&*!] about how much his CRF rules over my WR. The first day out we do a little race on some dirt roads, we are neck and neck in 4th going about 50-60mph when he looks over twists the throttle and bam, I'm dusted.

A little discouraged, that evening I do the grey wire mod while he puts a new back tire on.. The next day, we race again, this time, we get in about the same situation, 4th gear, mid power band, and I slam the throttle, he eats my roost! Somewhere in mid 5th gear I look back and he's some 50-75ft behind. So, now I believe in the grey wire mod. I got way more mid to upper powerband thats really recognizable in 4th and 5th gear. In any event, my buddy claims that the road was a lot sketchier when we raced the second time, that's why he couldn't keep up. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • marcusmoberg

Posted August 13, 2004 - 03:56 PM

Excellent! :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.