WR or DRZ...help!

1 reply to this topic
  • Seekster

Posted December 11, 2000 - 09:41 PM

WR crowd I'm in a dilemma!

I'm on the verge of buying an updated machine and am trying to decide on which. With my current bike sold I will be riding a new bike in the upcoming weeks. All of you know the WR of course but I really am stuck as both bikes are great and I can't decide. I'm an old motocrosser that rides everything from singletrack to hills to playground to open desert and I love to ride hard. Help!

Can I get a testament on the WR's merits over the DRZ? Suspension, power, the normal stuff but can you also dispell the turn in and weight perception issues I've heard when comparing the two as well as its hard edgedness? Any helpful insight would be totally appreciated.

Thanks--

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MN_Kevin

Posted December 12, 2000 - 03:03 AM

Having raced MX since 1979 (until 1996), I will tell you the WR is MX oriented. With a little tweaking on the suspension, and raising up the forks (on my 99), my WR feels pretty good on a track. The bike tracks so straight compared to my old 91 CR250 Honda. The weight does take getting used to. The Suzuki would make a great woods bike, dare I say better than the WR...??? If it is all out performance you want, the WR is a MUCH better starting place, IN MY OPINION. THAT WOULD BE IN MY OPINION.

------------------
'99 WZ with all YZ mods, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action, OEM YZ tank and IMS seat.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.