(FMF)Powerbomb Header

8 replies to this topic
  • YZ400FPower

Posted August 12, 2004 - 07:04 PM

Hey guys i just went ridding up in Mammoth and loved the bike with all the mods i did to it. The header made a huge diff even up to 8000ft :D! But i burnt my arm. It was a good burn :lol:. I got it when i stoped ridding. Put the bike up,Went back,Droped my glove,tried to pick up the glove and burnt myself.It looks like a pink kiss :D. I totaly recommend getting the header and Power Core 4 Exhast!!!!!!!!! :lol: :thumbsup: :lol: :awww:

Is there any heat sheild I can get for it? :devil: :lol: :lol: :D :lol: :D :D :snore: :awww: :lol: :(

• The_Blue_One

Posted August 12, 2004 - 07:42 PM

Eline makes one for it.It is pricey though at around $80.I decided it was worth it after i burnt some pants :devil: It held up nicely and looks pretty good :thumbsup:

• revolucien

Posted August 13, 2004 - 05:15 AM

I have an eline pipe guard that i'll probably get rid of. it's for the powerbomb on an 04' 450 but, i think it will work on most of the yzf powerbomb head pipes. i'll take some pics tonight and probably post it in the parts section.

• YAMAKAZE

Posted August 13, 2004 - 05:51 AM

I just welded 3 stainless bolts to my PB header and used the guard off the stock header. Works great and only cost about 30 cents to modify.

Bonzai :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TimFurryBalls

Posted August 13, 2004 - 07:54 AM

Check out FMF's Web site. They make heat shields for the powerbomb and high flow headers.

• JLuce

Posted August 14, 2004 - 05:32 PM

I just bought one for my bike. Did you have to change you jetting? If you did what jet did you go with?

• revolucien

Posted August 16, 2004 - 06:39 AM

I wanted to check into welding the three bolts on but, my header is titanium.... is there anyproblem welding the stainless to titanium?

• YAMAKAZE

Posted August 16, 2004 - 09:49 AM

None at all. Just make sure the heat is low and the wire speed is about 3 or so. I got mine a bit hot on the first bolt and had to go back and repair it. But, it works good and hides the fact that it's not a stocker...

Bonzai :thumbsup:

• revolucien

Posted August 17, 2004 - 09:29 AM

Right on I'll try it when pipe comes back from repair :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.