Which handlebars are right for me?

5 replies to this topic
  • madharvic

Posted August 12, 2004 - 06:36 PM

I have a 03 YZ450F and only trail ride. I have stock handlebars, have been told that I should shorten the width of the bars and also consider changing them. Should I get a Scott's combo kit, whick includes new bars,triple clams and steering dampner?
This is my first post and have enjoyed reading TT hope to get some good advice. Thank you!!!

• gonzo

Posted August 13, 2004 - 02:15 AM

If you dont have a problem with vibration or anything like that then the scotts would be overkill. Just go get a good set of bars. The Renthal 971's are probably good enough and they will fit the stock clamps. The TAG T-1 is a good bar too.

• Satch0922

Posted August 13, 2004 - 02:22 AM

Welcome to TT!!

Machoman uses stock YZ85 bars.....but he is a little guy! LOL :thumbsup: :awww: :devil:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RCannon

Posted August 13, 2004 - 02:35 AM

I really like the Doug Henry bend bars on any of the full size YZ's. The bars are fairly straight. Way less pullback than stock. My wrists dont get as tired.

For me, this has made more of a difference than bars that are narrower or shorter.

• Ga426owner

Posted August 13, 2004 - 03:00 AM

Yes the Scotts system is great for the the Trail Rider - not only for vibration, but rocks, roots etc... will never knock you on your butt with the Scotts system. A very nice investment! I went with the Doug Henry bend as well and several riders choose the CR High if you are a taller rider. You will have to chop the ends and this is very normal - the amt. is a personal preference. :thumbsup:

• revolucien

Posted August 13, 2004 - 05:42 AM

check this link Pro Tapers it has the different sizes on hieght, width and drawback listed for all the bars.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.