San Diego riders?

6 replies to this topic
  • Davidyz450

Posted August 12, 2004 - 03:27 PM

Hey any other San Diegans riding this time of the year, besides at the track. I want to do some trail riding. Maybe find some new spots. Anyone need an extra person to go riding. :thumbsup: All my friends are wimping out saying it's too hot!

• revolucien

Posted August 13, 2004 - 05:29 AM

damn i miss riding out there, used to go down to otay all the time and there was always a breeze coming up off the ocean so it was comfortable. there are plenty of freaks that still do ride down there during summer. if you cruise down on a weekend you'll find plenty of people to ride with.

• PBDBLUE

Posted August 13, 2004 - 05:44 AM

if you cruise down on a weekend you'll find plenty of people to ride with.

Like the police and the border patrol! It's pretty much been shutdown and they're being pretty hard-nosed about it (tickets, etc...).

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Davidyz450

Posted August 13, 2004 - 09:28 AM

Yeah I've done done that ride with the border patrol and police before! Not a whole lot of fun. :thumbsup:

• tweek

Posted August 15, 2004 - 03:38 AM

BLM has a website that shows some OHV areas in the S.D. area......El Centro. HOT! :thumbsup:

• grayracer513

Posted August 15, 2004 - 10:30 AM

Corral Canyon and McCain Valley (Lark Canyon) are about the only places open in SD County at any time anymore. Both are fairly small areas, McCain in particular, so you have to be careful of oncoming traffic when it gets crowded.

McCain lends itself to faster riding in general the Corral Canyon, although the latter has quite a few fire roads open to ORVs. Bear in mind that the truck/jeep types like to go there, too. If you are looking for some serious double black diamond trails, Corral Canyon has some for you.

The closure of "905", as the Otay area is called, is enforced sporadically, and the Border Patrol is far less concerned about it than the SDPD. Do stay out of the areas posted as sensitive habitat, though, and avoid problems by not parking on the northern edge of the area near 905. That't where SDPD looks first.

• twosixtwo

Posted August 20, 2004 - 10:18 PM

I live in the El Centro area and Im always riding Plaster City, yeah its a little hot but its a great workout and its also a lot of great terrain, If you want to make the trip out here, theres also going to be a race on Sept 5th, south of the border theres also races out at Plaster City, in about a month....... www.zrpromo.com

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.