Posted August 12, 2004 - 02:29 PM

Where can I get VP Fuel in PA?

• brucifer

Posted August 12, 2004 - 03:16 PM

try fuel distribution map

• DethWshBkr

Posted August 12, 2004 - 05:58 PM

Doesn't Matto Cycle have some?

Rausch Creek I believe sells it too. You're close to both.

• DoctorRzed

Posted August 13, 2004 - 01:10 AM

How does that 450sx run? Have you ever compared it to a yz or crf?

• DethWshBkr

Posted August 13, 2004 - 07:16 PM

I've ridden an '02 CRF 450 (Huffa's), '04 CRF 450 (Uncles), and an '03 YZF450 (just recently).

I'll take the KTM any day.

I like the light feeling of the KTM. The ergos just work for me.
I don't notice much of a difference in cornering. The Japanese bikes just feel slow and heavy to me in turns, BUT, they DO feel very secure and planted. The KTM never feels planted, but I like that.

The brakes are no comparison. KTM's brakes are by FAR the strongest, with, what I feel, is the best modulation and feel. It's about time Yamaha went to a CR/KTM style routing though. The patent's been out for what, two years now?!

Power on all the bikes feels very close. The YZF has a little more "hit", and revs higher. The KTM and Honda feel very simmilar to each other. Minimal hit, smooth power, and a good pull everywhere. Both like mini-520's. :thumbsup:

Suspention is also very very close. As my suspention is not really set up yet (still playing with sag and exact setting still), It's tough to get a good feel for them, but they are much better than my 520's, and they feel VERY close to the Honda and Yamaha's. Not quite as firm, but still VERY good.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DoctorRzed

Posted August 14, 2004 - 01:47 AM

Come up the pocono traxx today at 3:00 and we'll do a shootout :thumbsup:

• DethWshBkr

Posted August 14, 2004 - 04:11 AM

:thumbsup: We're heading to Rausch today.
Just too far and too much money to go up there when we're members at a place that's only 30 minutes away as opposed to 1.5 hours away.

Infact, my uncle just called, and we would like to get to Rausch around noon or so. We gotta make it back up to JF sometime though - I've not had good luck there though. I broke my knee there on ice once, then I broke my ankle from sliding down the one big bank turn on the big track...this was YEARS ago though. But when we're members of Rausch, and can ride for free, and drive 30 or so minutes, or drive an hour and a half, and pay 30-35 dollars (+ gas), it's kinda a no brainer.

I personally plan on heading up to Miles Mountain next weekend. Dad may too. about 3.5 hours, entry fee is like 15-20 bucks, and it's supposed to be like ROcket Raceway in the fact that it is fast and loamy and fun.

Posted Image

• DoctorRzed

Posted August 14, 2004 - 09:01 AM

My luck their today wasnt good, I wrecked andlost my front brakes. I otta head downto rausch creek I amony 40min away from both places. How much to ride their? Iusually go up JF because I got afree membership :thumbsup:

• DethWshBkr

Posted August 14, 2004 - 02:54 PM

I believe a day pass is $35. after 5 pm it's $25.

• mnovarossi

Posted August 15, 2004 - 02:27 PM

You can get VP fuel from VPE Racing. They are off of rt. 78, at the Krumsville/ Kutztown exit.

Related Content

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  106 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.