grey wire

48 replies to this topic
  • *mike68*

Posted June 29, 2001 - 06:39 AM

Tree cripler,
Sounds similar to my experience. I think I expected too much.

[This message has been edited by *mike68* (edited 06-29-2001).]

• WR_Jason

Posted June 29, 2001 - 06:55 AM

GA, it was kinda a pun on the Mustard, Gray popoon or however you spell it. :) . Any way, like I said I only rode the bike 2 before the mod and could not even wring 3rd gear out in the tight and flooded trails I was in on those rides. My first ride after the snip was the first time I was able to open her up. I had troubbles cause when I had the tank off for the wire snip, I routed the hot start remote cable under the tank, but it was too short and opened anytime I turned the bars righ :D . The jetting was screwed up and the acclrtr pump was packed with grit.

My point is the WR 400 crowd never noticed the hesitation you 426 guys were having and have not noticed as much improvement.

• Jason_Williams

Posted June 29, 2001 - 07:04 AM

Mike68, I thought you were going to take a break!! I see that lasted a while!! I cut the wire on my 426 and noticed that it reved quicker and smother in the mid range. I love it. But now I have some sort of cut out at real high rpms???????

• *mike68*

Posted June 29, 2001 - 07:12 AM

Jason,
everyone is looking for info on the grey wire. I just wanted to make sure I shared the info I recieved from my ride so others can compare it to their experience. I started this post with a question on the grey wire and wanted to make sure I finnished it. I may post a couple replys on the other posts from this morning, but by the end of the day, I'm going on my break.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jason_Williams

Posted June 29, 2001 - 07:26 AM

Mike68, Sure you are. admit it your an addict. I just started checking this thing out a week ago and I can't turn it off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You sound like a smoker saying I'll quite after this pack. I wish you the best of luck and hope to here more good posts from you in the future.

[This message has been edited by Jason Williams (edited 06-29-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Jason Williams (edited 06-29-2001).]

• *mike68*

Posted June 29, 2001 - 08:34 AM

Jason,
At real high rpm's you may be hitting the rev limmiter. I hit mine once and a while. Just a thought.

Mike

• BULLDOG

Posted June 29, 2001 - 09:23 PM

Alright guys, I have read all the responses. My experience with my '00 400, wr timed, stock jetting, was this: Definite smoother delivery. I lost that bog at the bottom end when I accelerated quickly. I lost the sputtering while giving even throttle at 50-55 mph.

I compare the throttle response now to the way my bike responded with 12 disc (WB E-Series) compared to 7.

I suppose everyone will have different results based upon jetting, mods, altitude, timing and "rider feel".

I would hardly call it "slobbering or gushing"

• Ron_in_SoCal

Posted June 29, 2001 - 10:37 AM

I noticed the difference right away on my '00 400. I am always a skeptic when it comes to these things but tried this mod because there was nothing to lose. As soon as I fired it up I noticed the throttle response was better, and after a blast down the street I was sold on the infamous wire mod.

Slobber gush!

• vincegatcore.com

Posted June 29, 2001 - 01:14 PM

why did it take so long to find this out???
Many jetting headaches later all I had to do was cut one little grey wire!!!

Yea thumpertalk You have made tweaking my bike to perfection easy....

Please keep it up!!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.