Help on a exhaust question!!!!!!!

7 replies to this topic
  • motadvin

Posted August 12, 2004 - 06:51 AM

Can anyone help please, I have a road legal yz426f 2001 and it has a yoshimura full race system on it but it is too loud? firstly any ideas on how to quieten it down or is there a exhaust on the market I could replace it with to make it go through it's MOT again. :thumbsup:

• TimFurryBalls

Posted August 12, 2004 - 06:16 PM

Compared to all the darn Harley's out there, I can't even seem to think my CRF with Jemco exhaust would even be too loud. . . :thumbsup:

• motadvin

Posted August 12, 2004 - 10:51 PM

Thanks for the reply but I come from England and we don't have many Harleys just lot's of people who do not appreciate a great sounding bike. :thumbsup:

• Dano426

Posted August 13, 2004 - 03:41 AM

I have a FMF Q for my YZ426 and it dropped the noise levels down to 92db. FMF Link Seems half as loud as the stock pipe. White Brothers also has a new E2 that is also has low noise levels around 92db White Brothers Link

Good Luck on you search

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • simch

Posted August 18, 2004 - 09:02 AM

I have jus tbought an akropavich titanium can for my wr450, and it wakes the dead!! I too, may have to quieten it down for use on the UK roads! Maybe an insert in the end or soem extra apcking. The Akra is rebuildable.

• motadvin

Posted August 19, 2004 - 09:23 AM

I've tried that using a machined stainless billet,drilled it and attached some cone shaped screen mesh(like a spark arrestor)behind that in the bore, and yes it does quiten it slightly but what I find is, it seems to blow alot of the packing out due to the back pressure I guess? :thumbsup:,
Is'nt the stock WR exhaust quite enough then as I was going to try and get one for my YZ thinking :awww: that this will quiten it down. :devil: :lol:

• Big_D

Posted August 19, 2004 - 10:00 PM

Check with Yosh on the Tec-Kit insert it is a $40 baffle that will drop the sound levels and add a spark arestor. I am not sure which pipe you have but Yosh makes them for most of their late model stuff. From what the magazine adds say there is a 96db and a 93db insert in the kit.

Here is a link Yosh Dirt Exhaust

• motadvin

Posted August 21, 2004 - 03:46 AM

Thank's BIG-D I'm going to try this out :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

• Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

• 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.