vortex dual curve cdi

3 replies to this topic
  • steashy27

Posted August 12, 2004 - 03:50 AM

Hi all ,
bought a yz426 supermoto fitted with dual curve vortex cdi . Do any of you have any thoughts or dealings with this in the past . Any idea on power gains or should I just stick with standard cdi .

cheers Stevie

• Fastest1

Posted August 12, 2004 - 06:05 PM

I run a Wolf, same thing. What do you want to know? Have you run both curves? Did you notice a difference?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • steashy27

Posted August 15, 2004 - 09:04 AM

Haven't tried both curves yet as the guy I bought the bike
from hadn't put the switch on to change curves .So I don't
know whether it's on power or traction .Got a switch for it last week but the wiring is different because the cdi was from WR not YZ so Vortex are having to find out for me where to wire the switch in.

Was just wondering if there is a differnce in power output,
rideability etc.

many thanks Steashy

Yz426 '00' ,vortex cdi,fmf q system ,tag tripple clamps,talon blue supermoto hubs ,polished xcel rims , 320mm brembo brake ,carbon lorraine sbk3 pads,rennsport rs1's,road registered

• Fastest1

Posted August 15, 2004 - 02:22 PM

Yes there is a difference in each setting, and as Keith said it can all be changed.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.