decomp lever/hot start replacement

4 replies to this topic
  • krotchwaffle

Posted August 11, 2004 - 11:13 AM

i just recently broke my decomp. cable when my handgrip and i flew off my 426. i straightened everything and rode afterwards and i liked the idea of having the bars cleaned up by getting rid of the stock decomp. lever and possibly replacing it with a hot start trigger lever on the clutch perch.

does anyone know if the barrel end of the decomp cable will fit the hot start?

• rickyracer68

Posted August 29, 2004 - 08:27 PM

I own a 2002 426 and I used the hot start off my buddys new 2004 YZ250F I just drilled the cable housing out to fit the cable it works great and it cleans up the bars. I've been down hard on the bars and never have broke the decomp lever. And most of all it looks trick. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • coulterk

Posted August 30, 2004 - 01:04 PM

I would be interested in fitting the hot start lever but with less leverage on the hot start lever how difficult is it to pull in especially during a race after you have stalled the bike and rushing to get it started.

• krotchwaffle

Posted August 30, 2004 - 01:08 PM

i've been riding the bike without the cable and have had to reach down on the head and pull the lever by hand so it can only be easier with an additional lever putting even more leverage on it. i'm glad someone finally had a reply to this. i've been putting off doing it out of laziness, but i'll remember this when i finally get around to it.

• cowboyona426

Posted August 30, 2004 - 08:15 PM

I've got my own idea I've been wanting to do for a custom bar mounted hot start on my 426 that I can do for about 70 bucks, but I'm not sure how much longer I'll have my bike... I suppose I could always yank it and sell it if I get a new bike in the spring :thumbsup:

Related Content

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.