Calling UK based members??

33 replies to this topic
  • simch

Posted September 04, 2004 - 01:01 AM

Is your's going to be road registered then spiceboy, I see you built it up form a crate?

• AxemanLv

Posted September 05, 2004 - 09:00 AM

Greetings to all you guys in the UK
I am planning a trip to the UK next spring (center'd from Scotland but trips all over) Can anyone tell me of places to hire a WR for a week or 2?, I have been thinking of a WR instead of a car.

Cheers! :thumbsup:
Matty

• captain_S

Posted September 05, 2004 - 11:29 AM

Where aboot in bonnie scotland you gonna be lookin at bud? :thumbsup:

• Nate_R

Posted September 05, 2004 - 06:02 PM

Any of you UK fellers from Ipswich over in suffolk county? Just a wonderin. I was born there but my parents left England when I was a wee lad at the age of 1 year old. Technically I'm a Brit but now am American. I don't remeber England at all but plan on returning to visit my roots and see where I was born. Hopefully I'll be able to visit sometime next year. I'll have to definately check out the dirtbikin' over there.

• spiceboy

Posted September 05, 2004 - 11:08 PM

AxemanLv for WR hire in the UK try http://www.clewsleisure.com/

Simch, yes the plan is to register the WR for the road, I'll let you know how I get on
Did 30miles round a local track at the weekend with the bike totally standard, gonna to a few more and then de-restrict
Oh, by the way, Yamaha put engine oil in the motor at the factory, I thought it was empty and put more in only to find that when I checked the level oil was flowing out of the dipstick port...doh!

Sox: Memory Map Navigator software is good for planning trail rides & you can upload to GPS from it. £130 for OS Explorer maps for the whole of Southern UK

• simch

Posted September 06, 2004 - 02:16 AM

Which track did you do, Eynsham?
Next time you are going out, let me know I may join you!!

The track at Weedon nr Towcester is pretty good this time of year.

• spiceboy

Posted September 06, 2004 - 02:38 AM

I've not ridden Eynsham, I hear it's a fairly tight MX track?
What's at Towcester then?
Some guys at the keep biking forum go to Hemel a lot
Ashdowns good for a blast,
Trail riding bores me lately, there's too many moaning minnies about!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • simch

Posted September 06, 2004 - 05:01 AM

Weedon is good, its a fairly natural track wit a real nice "bombhole!".

Its Towcester side of Weedon on the A5. Every Sunday from 1030.

Where di d you go nr Oxford then?

• AxemanLv

Posted September 07, 2004 - 03:12 AM

Where aboot in bonnie scotland you gonna be lookin at bud?

I am planning to stay in Fort William, but open to suggestions. My family are originaly from that area.
I thought it would be better to hire a WR type bike, then a car. I just want to explore on my own and not with a tour group.

Matty :thumbsup:

• captain_S

Posted September 07, 2004 - 01:22 PM

Well what do ya know!,fort william not that far away from me,jeepers that where i bought my wr!it was 6 weeks old and no a spec o dirt on it!,you really gonna enjoy your trip here!,i could ask a guy i know that owns a bike shop and is well into dirt bikes if he knows of a place to hire from or if he could sort you with a ride(not certain he could though!) :thumbsup:

• AxemanLv

Posted September 10, 2004 - 07:02 AM

Well what do ya know!,fort william not that far away from me,jeepers that where i bought my wr!it was 6 weeks old and no a spec o dirt on it!,you really gonna enjoy your trip here!,i could ask a guy i know that owns a bike shop and is well into dirt bikes if he knows of a place to hire from or if he could sort you with a ride(not certain he could though!)

That would be great, as I'm in the early stages of planning.
I want to travel around March/April.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

BTW... Do you do a lot of off-roading in the Highlands?

Matty

• V968231

Posted September 10, 2004 - 02:58 PM

Anyone from the North West?

• captain_S

Posted September 11, 2004 - 12:05 PM

I guess it a bit different here,there are no specific riding areas that i know off,i guess most folks up here depend on the estate owners not tellin them to get of the hills,or the forestry commision not chasin after them!but aslong as you show courtesy and common sense i think most folk get along ok!,as for the nevis range and glen-coe i dunno what there policy is on trail riding,but there are plenty enduro bike down that way so i guess it not too strict,march/april can really depend on the weather down that way!,maybe you wanna tour the place on a big trail bike rather than just go up the hills?,i`m not sure just what your plan is matty?,but you are most welcome to send me a pm and i will be glad to help you with any info you may need? :thumbsup:

• murffy

Posted September 13, 2004 - 01:34 PM

well i finnaly found a use for this computer, feels like i found a home on thumpertalk as well. :thumbsup: Proudly owned my wr 426 for two years now but really struggle finding people and places for a ride out hear in east ayrshire scotland, some good tracks but most times i prefer to hit the trail which is fine until your up to your arse in goop some where between lock doon and glen trool with no company to pull you out. Any way its good to get a uk take on things

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.