Ti4 Exhaust mellow bike?

3 replies to this topic
  • gonzo

Posted August 11, 2004 - 04:07 AM

Anyone else put a PB/Ti4 14" on their 03/04 and notice that it really mellowed it out? My bike feels smoother than my buddies with the stock system on it. I am just curious if it was the pipe or something else. I rode an 04 CRF with the same system and the bike felt exactly the same as my YZF.

• motomike137

Posted August 11, 2004 - 05:39 AM

Hey Gonz how's it going. I don't have the powerbomb header but I have the Ti4 14 inch can. And yes it does take away the little surge in the power curve that the bike has with the stock pipe. It transitions smoother and then makes a little more juice in the mid/upper. I also have the GYT flywheel weight. Stock the darn things are hard to hang on to when you crack the throttle out of turn! :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gonzo

Posted August 11, 2004 - 06:28 AM

Hey Mike!!!
Thanks for responding. I wasnt sure if maybe I was starting to lose compression or something. It just seemed like when I switched these pipes around the bike became slower.

See ya at Baja.

• craddock

Posted August 11, 2004 - 11:26 AM

Sounds like exactly what I need. I am running a 50 tooth rear for MX and there are a tracks where I almost run out of gear in 3rd but don't wish to pull fourth for the last second. I loath for a bit more top end power.

J

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.