Bastard Red Pig

2 replies to this topic
  • Kritter

Posted August 10, 2004 - 06:43 PM

So I get the Scott's damper on and head up to the hills for some mashin...usually a 2-4 guy ride and 9 guys show up!!

First half of ride stabilizer is workin as planned everybody is cruisin at their own pace....good times so far.

Get to the big hill climb and everyboyd tries all the ways...one of my buddies ends of bending his shark fin out and denting his disc in...musta wedged a rock in there or something...so we get that fixed and take a different route...everything is ok...till I hit a G out and my peg breaks off(sheared both bolts)...I knew it was gonna happen since 150 lb riders I know have broken them but I was the "its not gonna happen to me" guy.

Luckily we had a wise guy with us and he said..use the pasenger peg...dam fine idea till I got a cramp from riding ninja style!!

So the stabilizer worked as though but the dam peg needs to be fixed...

this is what thunderchicken has on his rig...thru bolted and a welded mount on top of the frame that wraps around the back side and puts the bolts in double shear...
Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mikekay

Posted August 10, 2004 - 07:04 PM

yeah thats the ticket. i got mine from a bike shop in ensenada $80....you can buy them off the shelf at Precision Concepts for $145....bulletproof...

• Kritter

Posted August 10, 2004 - 07:35 PM

do you have to pull the motor to install that peg mount? Does it wrap all the way over to the back side and the bolt goes through that welded on piece as well or does it just sit on top of the frame?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.