XR650R owners unite!!!

13 replies to this topic
  • DirtyChris

Posted August 10, 2004 - 11:55 AM

I'm tired of the lack of color options for the mighty beast, spacificly, no black plastics. (I had to paint mine)

I sent an e-mail to Acerbis about it and here's what I got back.

Sorry that you guys are having to paint your plastics! We don't know if our manufacturing company is going to be making these. Unfortunately, we don't
have much say in what we distribute from them. If you, and others who are interested, want to put in a word to Acerbis Italy, feel free to send them an email letting them know how popular this item is and that you'd like to see it in America. acerbis.it' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>infomoto@acerbis.it

So, how about it guys? Can we all take a couple seconds and pop an e-mail off to Acerbis to get the ability of some black plastics in the neer future?

You 650L owners and 600 owners should do the same!

• BIGGITY

Posted August 10, 2004 - 12:23 PM

I'm tired of the lack of color options for the mighty beast, spacificly, no black plastics. (I had to paint mine)

I sent an e-mail to Acerbis about it and here's what I got back.

Sorry that you guys are having to paint your plastics! We don't know if our manufacturing company is going to be making these. Unfortunately, we don't
have much say in what we distribute from them. If you, and others who are interested, want to put in a word to Acerbis Italy, feel free to send them an email letting them know how popular this item is and that you'd like to see it in America. acerbis.it' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>infomoto@acerbis.it

So, how about it guys? Can we all take a couple seconds and pop an e-mail off to Acerbis to get the ability of some black plastics in the neer future?

You 650L owners and 600 owners should do the same!

I'm in. I emailed them. I would love some black plastics. I've seen a few of the painted ones and I don't want to have to deal with touching up my paint al the time. COME ON PEOPLE! EVEN if you don't want/like the black plastics help us out!!

Also we should be harrasing the decal shops. I wouldn't mind some alternative decals besides the 2-3 options we have.

• DirtyChris

Posted August 10, 2004 - 02:29 PM

*bump to the top*
C'mon fellas... take a couple minuts and send that e-mail!
Someone that is in the Yahoo group deal, ask them to do it too! :thumbsup:

• mikekay

Posted August 10, 2004 - 03:10 PM

i dont really want black but i sent it in anyway just becouse the BRP doesnt get its share.

how often do you see stuff for XR600's but not the 650!

• big t

Posted August 10, 2004 - 06:23 PM

I sent them an email. I would love black plastic. :thumbsup:

• XRMANU

Posted August 11, 2004 - 12:56 AM

Acerbis does not make oem replica plastic(fenders,sidepanel,shrouds ...) for the XR650R,not even in red. :excuseme:They only have big gastanks for the BRP. UFO does makes replica plastic,maybe you have to mail them :thumbsup:

• DirtyChris

Posted August 11, 2004 - 02:35 AM

:devil:
Don't I feel stupid.

That makes a big differance. Asking a company to freshly tool up new molds and everything is alittle more cumbersom then changing the color of plastic beads that go into the already existing molds.

Damnit I hate it when I brain fart in public.

UFO you say? I'll contact them and see what it would take. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • big t

Posted August 11, 2004 - 06:40 AM

Get UFO's email address. I really would love to have black. Once you go black you'll never go back. :thumbsup:

• Baja Rudy

Posted August 11, 2004 - 07:36 AM

Most of you don't know this but Acerbis has been working with Juanito Cambell on XR650R plastic for about a year now. the plastic was going to be available this early summer but it never got here. No ECD either. the plastic was going to be: radiator shrouds, side number plates with intake cut-outs, disk guards and other stuff. Colors where never mentioned but the bottom line is that Acerbis is/was working on XR650R plastic!!! :thumbsup:

• DirtyChris

Posted August 11, 2004 - 02:32 PM

Ok, I finaly foinf the e-mail address for UFO, its:
info@ufoplast.it

I sent them a simple request to make black plastics for the 2000-2005 XR650R

I messed up the first time with Acerbis... :thumbsup: But this one should work!

Send those e-mails boys!

• frogman

Posted August 11, 2004 - 06:04 PM

I like black leather more than black plastic.

• DirtyChris

Posted August 11, 2004 - 06:59 PM

But you'd take the time to help out your fellow riders, wouldnt you?

• DirtyChris

Posted August 12, 2004 - 09:13 AM

*bump*
Back to the top!

• big t

Posted August 12, 2004 - 08:58 PM

Sent an email. :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.