EBC carbon pads

1 reply to this topic
  • Mike_Hudson

Posted August 09, 2004 - 04:32 PM

Well the parts store screwed up my order and I wound up with EBC metal for the front (what I wanted) and EBC carbon for the rear. After about 50 miles the backs don't have much initial bite. If I get some pressure on them they stop but very nonlinear. The carbon pads are supposed to have less heat transfer than the metal, so am I just not getting them hot enough? If someone can tell me they will get better I'll hang on, if not I'm going to get the metal and change them.
Thanks in advance.
Mike

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted August 09, 2004 - 04:37 PM

You need to go to sintered metal / ceramic for the best bite. Carbon is for the MX guys. You cant get the brakes hot enough and they wont work in the mud. :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.