XR600R pulls to the left

4 replies to this topic
  • duke1110

Posted August 09, 2004 - 04:26 PM

I was out goofing around the other day and went no handed on my 600 and I noticed it was pulling a little to the left.
I have also noticed that went riding in whoops it tends to go left also. any ideas? I am thinking maybe the brake is dragging a bit???

thanks Mark

• ob1quixote

Posted August 09, 2004 - 04:38 PM

Dragging brakes shouldnt matter if the wheels are pointed straight. You would think the bike is balanced from the factory, so wear or damage probably is the culprit.

Check front and rear wheel alignment. Visual on the front forks{twist}. Check the chain adjuster marks. Loosen the chain and see if the swingarm moves side to side. Run a string around the rear of the back wheel so it contacts the front of the back wheel, then see how it touches the front wheel fore and aft. Wheel bearings?

It will take time to figure out, but shouldnt be too expensive, unless the frame is bent.

Or just keep your hands on the bars!!!!!!!!!

Robert :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chorbelt

Posted August 10, 2004 - 03:33 AM

I had the same problem, check the chain adjuster marks (snails), b/c mine show about an 1/8" difference. Measure btw. the center of the swing arm pivot to the center of the axle to get a true reading of whether your tracking right.

• XR650L_Dave

Posted August 10, 2004 - 06:28 AM

When I jump I lean left. I think its me, though.

• duke1110

Posted August 12, 2004 - 08:12 AM

thanks for the input guys great advice i will check it out and see if you found the prob. thanks agian Mark

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.