Where's my pipe

4 replies to this topic
  • Goosedog

Posted August 09, 2004 - 04:14 PM

Just got bad news from 'XR's Only'. The pipe that was supposed to be on it's way for my '86 XL600 is now 4 weeks backordered. Apparently they're the only one's left that still makes a pipe for this year model XL. Can anyone verify that. Anyone with personal experience saying otherwise would be greatly appreciated. I tried Supertrapp as my first choice with no luck. Thanks in advance, Goosedog

• BWB63

Posted August 09, 2004 - 06:10 PM

http://www.thumperta...5/o/all/fpart/1 :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Goosedog

Posted August 10, 2004 - 01:23 AM

Hey BWB63, I see my dilemma is not unique. So they're all bastards but what about a pipe for this bike, do have a recommendation?

• MotoChris521

Posted August 10, 2004 - 03:46 AM

You Know a xr600/xr650l pipe will almost fit.I have some xl600 headers and they looked like the pipe diameter was larger so i put them on my XRL.They bolted to the head fine and my procircuit T4 slid on perfectly but the pipe was about an inch or so shorter.You could probaly fabricate new muffler mounts(?) Good Luck Mark ! :thumbsup:

• Goosedog

Posted August 10, 2004 - 11:33 AM

Well, I called 'em all bastards too soon. Get this; A dude named Freddie just called from 'XR's Only' to say that he went straight to his supplier about the back order on my pipe. The supplier only had the upgraded polished stainless steel version on hand. So because I had to wait they're gonna send me that one at the cost of the original cheaper one. And it goes out UPS tommorrow. Now that's service my friends :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.