Maxxis 120/100/18 IT

7 replies to this topic
  • Hamish

Posted August 09, 2004 - 10:34 AM

Just got a 120/100/18 Maxxcross IT for the back of my WR as I couldnt get my hands on a 110. Anyone else used this size in the IT?

• montanaWR250F

Posted August 09, 2004 - 12:51 PM

Yes, Fly Heavy Duty Tubes. 10 pounds air. Nice squatty contact patch with my fat butt on board. Wear great and still work when worn out and one of cheapest tire in U.S.

• JVP

Posted August 09, 2004 - 03:53 PM

I do. This is a hard tire to get because they are very popular. :thumbsup:

• big t

Posted August 09, 2004 - 11:03 PM

I put a Maxxis IT (110) on my 650 and love it. It is a great tire for the money.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hamish

Posted August 10, 2004 - 02:12 AM

Down here in oz they are as expensive as anything else, but after eveyone saying how good they were I thought I'd give one a go. I've been trying to get a 110 IT for ages, but no stock so am trying the 120. The last tyre I ran was a 110 Maxxis SI. Would be good in the softer stuff, but it didnt last too long for me :thumbsup:

• simch

Posted August 11, 2004 - 09:35 AM

Just found a supplier in th UK for Maxxis after a big search! You guys rate the IT. I presume this is the hard pack conditions "maxxcross IT" tyre, as opposed to the HT (medium) and ST (soft terrain) tyres.
These are not road legal Enduro tyres over here it appears. IS it the same as you guys use all over? I dont wanna get the wrong things!

PS anyone tried these using a "mousse" rather than a tube?? How they ride?

• Hamish

Posted August 11, 2004 - 10:54 AM

took the 426 for a blast after work yesterday with the new tyre, new 5.8 spring, ACV and TPS mods. That tyre is awesome, especially with the heavier spring. I did feel that it didnt turn as well as the 110, but traction was great :thumbsup:

• Treebark

Posted August 12, 2004 - 10:04 AM

I've got the M6001 IT on and it hooks up very well and have got alot of miles on it, not sure exactly how many it's been on since early spring. I just ordered that tire in a 110 (7304front/7305rear) from Discount Motorcycle tire and accessories,DMTA.com, gonna give them a try.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.