Need feedback urgently!!!!!!

2 replies to this topic
  • SoCalKX

Posted August 09, 2004 - 09:36 AM

Haven't been around for awhile, took some time off to heal up! (: I am going riding this weekend up near Mammoth CA. I typically only ride tracks and was wondering what i can do to tame my 450 sound and compliance wise. I read tons of info last night with the search feature about pro moto/Dr D Spark arrester bolt ons, but am leaning towards a slip on. Anyone have any feedback on the White Brother E2, I know it is trail compliant, but don't want to spend the money if it doesn't add anything over the stocker for my core riding - Track. Also, does anyone know abou the sound testing they do up in that area - I know the stocker is about 103DB!!!!
Anyone have any suggestions???? :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sirthumpalot

Posted August 09, 2004 - 12:47 PM

On the last test I read (Dirt Rider, CRF 250X quiet exhaust test), the FMF Q was the quietest (by 3dB!) and best performing for a "quiet" exhaust. The Big Gun was the second quietest and easily converts to a full race exhaust by removing the vortex quiet insert. If you want to be quiet all the time I vote for the FMF Q. If you want to convert back and forth then something like the Big Gun or the Dr. D with a removeable insert would be the way to go. The only trick is if you get the exhaust with the insert, make sure it gets quiet enough for your area!

• yzf450jack

Posted August 09, 2004 - 01:06 PM

I have a FMF Q on the 450 and tested at 95.5 :thumbsup:

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.