yz450f radiator

6 replies to this topic
  • x2stroker

Posted August 09, 2004 - 09:15 AM

Any advice on replacing the radiator? I have a pin hole in the right side ... the oem is $280 for each side. Anyone seen any better aftermarket radiators?..

• RacerDad

Posted August 09, 2004 - 10:12 AM

Radiator Repair Click Here

• Fly-nBri

Posted August 09, 2004 - 10:27 AM

I have to say go with Mylers also. Many of us here have used him and he's awesome. I lives near me and Terry is a great guy. He loves to ride also. Most of the time you get out of there with only $40-50 bucks. Plus after he does the weld he will sand blast the entire rad. and repaint it so it looks brand new. He did mine last year and it still looks better than before I brought it in. Paint and the weld are holding up great! :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • x2stroker

Posted August 10, 2004 - 07:04 AM

Thanks! But, I took it to the local repair shop this morning. They told me there is no leak.... it appears that my head pipe has a leak that is blowing heat through the radiator and causing condensation.... I guess I'll put a new gasket on the head pipe and try that next.

• DoctorRzed

Posted August 10, 2004 - 02:46 PM

I am surprised my rads are not leaking, the are looking horrible, as long as their not leaking I will wait till I see some on ebay.

• BoffoRider

Posted August 10, 2004 - 03:43 PM

Thanks! But, I took it to the local repair shop this morning. They told me there is no leak.... it appears that my head pipe has a leak that is blowing heat through the radiator and causing condensation.... I guess I'll put a new gasket on the head pipe and try that next.

Are you sure you haven't lost the decompression plug. I went through the same thing: oil spits out through the bottom inside corner of the right rad. On the home page of TT they sell replacements.

• grayracer513

Posted August 10, 2004 - 06:37 PM

Boffo nails it. If in fact you find the decomp plug missing, check the main breather tube on the left side under the ignition cover. The light metal clips can be flattened by almost anything, which pinches off the hose and runs the crankcase pressure 'way up. Ditch the clips and use zip ties.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

05 yz450f not fast enough by RedeyeYZ

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  38 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

BIGBORE FOR YZ450F 2006? by Taattie94

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.